DOGHOUSE26

I Should Upgrade My Account
Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Name
jeff meeker
Boat
26 Blackman Billfisher
Its hard enough to get a resi @ San Jacinto let alone Opening Day and we had high hopes for a great day. I can't stress enough how nice the staff is at that site they are more than helpful with directions and site selection. And that was the highlight of the trip. We haven't hunted SJ all that much and by the time resi #25 came up all the sites we were familiar with had been taken so we opted for a different spot W4 and gave it our best shot with over 7 dozen mixed dekes. The trouble is those ducks coming off Mystic lake have around 4 blinds to get over before they got to us and one blind in particular wouldn't let them work the dekes and skybusted them every time. The ducks were few and far between and there was a 4 hour span when we saw nothing flying. We did however get to see maybe 30 specs flying high above the basin back and forth and don't know if they ever came down low enough for anybody to get a shot. One of my buddies shot a Greenwing early and another shot a Cinnamon Teal and a Gadwall which I promptly double shot just as he hit it. We double teamed a Teal earlier which finally went down into the reeds 100 yards off and never retrieved. It was good to get out and enjoy the outdoors with a couple of buddies I don't see too often, but its going to take a real low resi number to entice me to go back to SJ. And I'd like to send a THANK YOU out to the guys & gals that made up the work crews that built the blinds and got the place ready for the season as the blinds were AWESOME!

Upvote 0

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
Just drove by klamath lakes....20k ducks a mile

Upvote 0

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
Later today drove by willows ca and saw bunch of snows not far from the freeway on 5

Upvote 0

Latest posts