San Jacinto Opener

Bendo28

Jan 29, 2009
Rancho Santa Margarita/CA/USA
Name
Ben
Boat
NA
My luck finally changed after years of not getting drawn on the opener I ended up pulling #16 for SJ. After a successful 2013/14 solo season, I was hoping to get out with some new acquaintances this year and hopefully make some new friends in the process.

For this hunt, fellow BD'ers nmbrinkman and dave_k joined me. The check station was a madhouse as expected and Tom did a good job of describing the new rules for the sweat line and the usual talk about shooting early. There was only one shot before the horn blew, a good twenty minutes early but apparently that was an accidental discharge and thankfully nobody was hurt that I heard.

The two hours leading up to shoot time were a bit interesting. Between practically getting lost in the tules trying to find the pit blind, the standoff with the skunk that insisted on blocking our path, and the dozen or so black widows that we killed in the pit blind, we were probably a little lucky that we were able to make it to shooting time.

Anyways the rest of the story is pretty quick. After the horn blew it was non stop action and we were finished with three man limits by about 8:30. Two widgeon, two spoonies, and the rest were cinnamon and GWT. Not a lot of big ducks flying out there and if you were so inclined the coot were out in force.

Had a little fun with the gopro, but I need to work on my follow through after the shot.

450871-97a13fe50d564bdf39592be111348595.jpg

450868-3f255a52204d3774010a7aef54685e3e.jpg

450872-3f454e05742f63d777773b773762a1d4.jpg

450870-fbe5d7264badb56f3935c9fe19ce6d04.jpg

My daughter was excited, hopefully that never changes.

opener limits.jpg

IMG_0534.JPG

IMG_0535.JPG

IMG_0530.JPG

opener limits.jpg

IMG_0535.JPG

Upvote 0

nmbrinkman

I Should Upgrade My Account
Mar 18, 2006
San Diego
Name
Nathan
Boat
12 oz frosty mug
Had a lot of fun. Hopefully we can exchange some greenwings for a greenhead or two next trip.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DOGHOUSE26

Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Name
jeff meeker
Boat
26 Blackman Billfisher
The video was fun to watch thanks for sharing! Congratulations on a great hunt I got to get me a GoPro too!

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
Oct 20, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Brandon
Boat
Sportboat
Why must people post the same report on multiple forums? Is the need for an internet handjob that bad???? The only thing this type of behavior does is make the place more crowded.

Reactions: slayersmith
Upvote 0

DOGHOUSE26

Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Name
jeff meeker
Boat
26 Blackman Billfisher
Why must people post the same report on multiple forums? Is the need for an internet handjob that bad???? The only thing this type of behavior does is make the place more crowded.

Get up from your computer and pull the stick out of your ass, you'll get a better outlook on life

Upvote 0

Bendo28

Jan 29, 2009
Rancho Santa Margarita/CA/USA
Name
Ben
Boat
NA
I post reports every time I hunt and fish.

I've been on this forum for longer than the other thus the longer report with a few more pictures.

thanks for the positive input though. you are totally right the Internet is way too crowded, you should probably leave and make more room.

Upvote 0

nmbrinkman

Mar 18, 2006
San Diego
Name
Nathan
Boat
12 oz frosty mug

Who gives a fuck? He's sharing with like minded people the hobby he loves. It's the opener, he's jacked he had a good day. You really think no one here or DHC, Jesse's or TRF has heard of SJ or Wister? These sites wouldn't exist without reports. As much as you must hate it the water fowling community will only benefit from more hunters. Keeping it a secret is a death knell to our sport. No funding. No habitat. No water (except for hunting free habitat). Refuges will be bird watching sanctuaries starting here in California.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

kindafishy

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
I don't spend that much time at my computer. Only when I'm at work donkey boy.
if you don't like what happens here leave. you may just want to look through your post history a bit, seems like you mostly do alot of negative, name calling, and bashing. from the outside looking in i get the impression your a very unhappy,sour individual that likes to put a negative spin on other peoples fun. what kind of a "inernet hand job" are you looking for? you want people to think your a badass, tough guy, or maybe witty? its not working in fact just the opposite. sounds like maybe your overcompensating for some of your own shortcomings. i recommend you not looking at this site if it makes you so unhappy, after all, this is a site where people go to share their hunting and fishing experiences.

Upvote 0

fishingkid

Aug 15, 2004
Lake Elsinore
Name
Boat
N/A
You can share them all you want you just don't have to advertise the locations. People google this shit all the time. Then we get more donkeys out in the field. New rules of the Internet cropped pictures and no locations is the way to go.

Reactions: Chompot and MJC
Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
Oct 20, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Brandon
Boat
Sportboat
if you don't like what happens here leave. you may just want to look through your post history a bit, seems like you mostly do alot of negative, name calling, and bashing. from the outside looking in i get the impression your a very unhappy,sour individual that likes to put a negative spin on other peoples fun. what kind of a "inernet hand job" are you looking for? you want people to think your a badass, tough guy, or maybe witty? its not working in fact just the opposite. sounds like maybe your overcompensating for some of your own shortcomings. i recommend you not looking at this site if it makes you so unhappy, after all, this is a site where people go to share their hunting and fishing experiences.

Donkeys like you make me unhappy.

Upvote 0

kindafishy

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
Upvote 0