reefhunter11

Apr 22, 2007
Santa Barbara
www.youtube.com
Name
Eytan Nahmias
Boat
none
Hey Everyone! About a week ago, Owen, Adam and I, decided to tow the skiff up to the San Francisco Bay to fish Halibut and Striped Bass. We found a nice weather break and loaded up the truck and got the skiff ready and headed up to the bay. We had some amazing conditions, the wind was calm and the weather was perfect. We stayed in the Berkeley Marina and we fished North in the Bay toward San Pablo. The first day was slow, we picked up a few striped bass, and a handful of short halibut. We had never been up and fished the bay so all of this was new to us. The second day we had the perfect conditions beautiful and sunny out. We were cathing many shakers thinking the trip was over, but then after the slack tide the current shifted and we managed to pick 2 legal halibut and 1 25lb halibut which made the trip worth it. Here is the video of our trip. We are working hard to build the Steady Drift channel and we have a lot of content coming out and trips planned. let us know what you thought of the video and if you enjoyed the video please subscribe to our channel and give it a thumbs up. Thank you for taking the time to watch this. Tight lines. ACTIVATE!

Crowman

Almost A Member
Mar 3, 2017
Northern California
Name
Crowman
Boat
YES
Hey Everyone! About a week ago, Owen, Adam and I, decided to tow the skiff up to the San Francisco Bay to fish Halibut and Striped Bass. We found a nice weather break and loaded up the truck and got the skiff ready and headed up to the bay. We had some amazing conditions, the wind was calm and the weather was perfect. We stayed in the Berkeley Marina and we fished North in the Bay toward San Pablo. The first day was slow, we picked up a few striped bass, and a handful of short halibut. We had never been up and fished the bay so all of this was new to us. The second day we had the perfect conditions beautiful and sunny out. We were cathing many shakers thinking the trip was over, but then after the slack tide the current shifted and we managed to pick 2 legal halibut and 1 25lb halibut which made the trip worth it. Here is the video of our trip. We are working hard to build the Steady Drift channel and we have a lot of content coming out and trips planned. let us know what you thought of the video and if you enjoyed the video please subscribe to our channel and give it a thumbs up. Thank you for taking the time to watch this. Tight lines. ACTIVATE!

TIDES are everything when fishing S.F. bay. The shorter tides from low to high are the best. If the tide of the day is less than 4 foot those are the best for halibut.

Upvote 0

walter heim

Feb 20, 2021
San Diego
Name
walter heim
Boat
Bayrunner
Great job on the video. Well filmed and well put together.

I fish San Diego and have been studying the way the halibut are fished in SF bay. I tied up some ball bouncing rigs and tried fishing San Diego Bay last year. It does work, but I have only caught shakers so far. Frozen sardines work the best, but I have also caught with a bucktail jig, all trolled behind a dodger. Trolling deep, I caught some big sculpin. I found that you need to avoid the weed bed areas as the sand bass will swallow the whole thing and you will not get the hook back. Macs can also be a problem.\

Thanx again

Upvote 0

Latest posts