San Felipe Tony Reyes

Discussion in 'Baja Bytes By Gary Graham' started by Quez58, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Quez58

Quez58 Newbie

Name:
    Joe Enriquez
    Boat:
    Eyes
    Just came back from San Felipe fishing on the Tony Reyes Charter. Caught a 45lb sea bass, a lot of YT. Has anyone else fished the Tony Reyes?. My first time. Experiences and feedback?
    Any suggestions on another charter somewhere else in Baja similar? Any suggestions or feedback appreciated.

glass3s likes this.
  2. Warlord

Warlord Member

Name:
    Steve
    Boat:
    22' Supreme Wakeboard Boat
    My dad went years ago. My brother and I are doing it in April. I’ll be following.

3. madrugador

madrugador I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    chad
    Boat:
    26 blackman MADRUGADOR II
    I'm going in october .other then the yt and a nice sea bass how was the trip ?

4. Quez58

Quez58 Newbie

Name:
    Joe Enriquez
    Boat:
    Eyes
    The food was good, deck hands great. But crossing the border into Mexicali, there was major construction going on, near the immigration office to pickup visa, $30 now, no parking, had to use parking garage and walk to office. Immigration office is still in same place, need to go around. They said construction should be done in 20 days from September.
    Ask border agent about immigration office And parking.

Once we all finished with visa’s, we drove straight to the boat, there will be security (Arturo) pick your room, I prefer the top floor. Put some items to show someone has the room, like sleeping bag and pillow, maybe ice chest. You can pay a little money to security if you want. I speak fluent Mexican (Spanish) and helps a lot. But they understand English, but speak very broken English.

Boat #9 great guide, I wasn’t that lucky, my boat #3 a little lazy in the afternoon, but put us on fish. We caught the second most fish. Bring a disignated sibiki reel and rod, save you time breaking down other set-ups. We caught plenty of Mackerel , only lasts for morning fishing. We brought frozen squid as our cut bait until we caught enough Bonita.

Some stayed on boat, to hot for me.

I stayed at the Red Lobster $50, Tony Reyes special.

madrugador likes this.
  5. Warlord

Warlord Member

Name:
    Steve
    Boat:
    22' Supreme Wakeboard Boat
    Joe,
    Any tips on techniques and gear? Things to bring that make the trip better?