San Felipe shore fishing

Discussion in 'Baja Mexico Fishing Reports and Discussion' started by speedgoatsam, Mar 7, 2018.

1. speedgoatsam

speedgoatsam Newbie

Name:
    Sam Ernst
    Boat:
    Chasin Tail
    I'm going to be down in San Felipe March 11 through March 15, and looking to do some fishing from shore. Any tips on location or what to use would be much appreciated. I was planning on fishing like I would for spotted bay bass in San Diego. Thanks for the help!

2. el Toro

el Toro I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Nate
    Boat:
    Artemis
    Drive south another 30-40 miles.

cortezpirasea and speedgoatsam like this.
  3. JIM E

JIM E Member

Name:
    Jim
    Boat:
    None
    Head south towards Gonzaga,,, there will turn outs where you can drive down to or walk to... A 3/4 oz Krocadile with a short piece smoked wire will be all you need,,, concentrate your efforts in the rocky areas

speedgoatsam likes this.
  4. steelfish

steelfish the BBB, Baja Bass Boy..

Name:
    Alex
    Boat:
    Boatless
    I live in SFelipe and sorry to tell you but you wont have any fish from shore as you would have in SD
    but few spots you might want to try before driving south to Puertecitos or Gonzaga:

- go to the marina pier (muelle) there is one side on which you can drive with your car to the end of the rocky pier, use kroc 1/2 or 3/4oz, plastics or cut bait, with luck you might find a run of local corvinas they are blast to catch on that place.

- go to Percebu camp, which is 10 miles south of leaving SF, just follow the signs, use the same lures but you might want to use 1oz to 2oz krocs and jigheads 3/4 , this are sandy beaches so, no much calico bass action or triggers

if you really want to have some fun, you must drive to puertecitos area, almost all camps south of puertecitos have rocky beaches so, plenty of action from spotted bay bass, triggers, with luch some snappers, sierras, curvinas, etc.

in San felipe area is better to pay for a panga for few hours in the morning and fish in the bay in the known local spots, many corvina, croackers, calico, triggers or go the the Consag Island 30miles offshore infront of SF for some big sierras, groupers and many inshore critters.
    if you need or want to contac a nice captain with a panga shoot me a PM, I have two friends with charter service

5. speedgoatsam

speedgoatsam Newbie

Name:
    Sam Ernst
    Boat:
    Chasin Tail
    Thanks for the advice! Appreciate it, will sierra and corvina be catchable from shore this time of year? I will head down to Puertocitos for a day or two for sure.

6. steelfish

steelfish the BBB, Baja Bass Boy..

Name:
    Alex
    Boat:
    Boatless

not current reports of corvina from the shore, if the weather gets warmer in a week (which I doubt) you might have chance to catch them (best way to know is trying), sierras are a lucky catch from the shore, but you get them from time to time.

this sierra is from 4 years ago in a camp just after puertecitos, kind of small but really fun to catch with salmon rods (10ft 1oz lure rods) and 3000/4000 size reels

1 sierra DSCN0405.JPG DSCN0404 sierra close up.JPG

jsl, Tackleho619 and speedgoatsam like this.
  7. A.R.E

A.R.E Newbie

Name:
    Angel
    Boat:
    none

send me the info. please I would like to go fishing