San Elijo lagoon project

1steveT

Nov 22, 2010
Carp, CA, USA
Name
Steve T.
Boat
soon2B
Shoots, here in Carp a friend of mine back in the 80's that lived back on Shepard;s Mesa had a neighbor that had peacocks and hens that got out of their pens and populated the hills behind his place.
Occasionally he would go back there with a 22 and pick off a couple of peahens out of a tree and we'd clean 'em and wrap the breast meat in foil and cook underground in an emu.
Farkn' unbelievably good eating, just like pheasant.

4Bigeye2na

Jan 7, 2015
Name
Ed
Boat
Searay
Shoots, here in Carp a friend of mine back in the 80's that lived back on Shepard;s Mesa had a neighbor that had peacocks and hens that got out of their pens and populated the hills behind his place.
Occasionally he would go back there with a 22 and pick off a couple of peahens out of a tree and we'd clean 'em and wrap the breast meat in foil and cook underground in an emu.
Farkn' unbelievably good eating, just like pheasant.
That's probably what happened to the flamingos. I hear they taste like a cross between Spotted Owls and Pelican.

Dave Hansen

Yoursaltwaterguide.com
Advertiser
May 26, 2007
Where ever fish need to be caught.
Name
Www.yoursaltwaterguide.com
Boat
YOUR BOAT. ANY WHERE, ANYTIME
Mike, my sighting, and on multiple occasions was back in 77-79. I am 100% positive what I saw. I would hop on the city bus or ride my bike to that that lagoon almost every weekend and either fish it, or just screw around. Then go screw around the mall or catch a movie at the “walk ins” or go hike around the eucalyptus forest. Best times of my life. Life before video games. Ha

May not change your mind, but here is a link to the subject. I'm not the only one who has seen or heard about the Flamingo's from the "70's."

https://www.revolvy.com/page/Buena-Vista-

Edit to add link.
I saw them . We all would drive down just to see them in 76, 77..So sorry. It was the 70s ..But we were kinda sober when we would leave to go see them..Just sayn....We were told they were from the San Diego Zoo...