Reactions: Paddyman1

Kos

Aug 16, 2018
San Diego
Name
Anthony
Boat
My wife's boat
Went out on the San Diego yesterday 2/28 with 47 of my best fishing buddies. Only 2 yellowtail caught for whole boat. Sloooow day. Captain said how much conditions had changed from the day before (no shit) and was saying it's really difficult to get consistent fishing this time of yr. The fish's metabolism slows down a bunch with the colder water so they don't have to eat as much. Beautiful day with little to no swell and everyone still caught a bunch of bottom dwellers to put food on the table. Sure beat the hell out of working

Jiggermeister

Well-Known "Member"
May 27, 2012
San Diego
Name
David
Boat
None
Went out on the San Diego yesterday 2/28 with 47 of my best fishing buddies. Only 2 yellowtail caught for whole boat. Sloooow day. Captain said how much conditions had changed from the day before (no shit) and was saying it's really difficult to get consistent fishing this time of yr. The fish's metabolism slows down a bunch with the colder water so they don't have to eat as much. Beautiful day with little to no swell and everyone still caught a bunch of bottom dwellers to put food on the table. Sure beat the hell out of working
Went 2/29, 19 yellowtail for 49 ppl. Also someone caught a nice 40lb halibut.

Attachments