fishpelagic

dan the fisherman
Dec 13, 2009
Los Angelos
Name
dan
Boat
wihich ever one i'm fishing on
Next week I am off from school, so it's time to fish. I am not sure if I should do a 3/4 day out of San Diego or do an over night out of San Pedro or Oxnard. Oxnard and San Pedro are much closer. It would suck to drive to San Diego for nada. Leaning towards an extended over night to San Nick on the freedom. Any recomendations on which trip and what boat. Thanks BTW is the Sea Adventure 2 a descent boat or should I go on the san diego 3/4 day.

Upvote 0

CCR

Nov 27, 2011
United States of America
Name
Zak
Boat
_
find an overnight out of fisherman's landing or sea forth, they're going to the islands fishing yellow tail and rockfish and you'll leave at night and then have all day to fish!

Upvote 0

daweez

Mar 11, 2011
Fullerton, CA
Name
Kevin
Boat
no boat here
SD if yellows are still biting. I just made the drive on Sunday and of course no yellows by Amy boat. Least you have a shot. If your into rockfishing than just stay up here

Upvote 0

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
Let see.....
Rock Cod or Yellowtail?
Class is over now.
Hope you get em!!!

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    I'd rather fish for yellowtail than catch rock cod and bass myself.

Upvote 0

fishpelagic

dan the fisherman
    Dec 13, 2009
    Los Angelos
    Name
    dan
    Boat
    wihich ever one i'm fishing on
    is the Sea Adventure 2 a good boat to go on out of H and M. It would be more convenient to do an overnight.

Upvote 0

Alpharo

Apr 26, 2012
    San diego
    Name
    Dave
    Boat
    None
    For me yellowtail all the way but the drive would suck but if you like rock fishing the over nighter will give you more fishing time

Upvote 0

hmk4272

Almost A Member
    Aug 10, 2009
    fullerton
    Name
    ken
    Boat
    in the future
    is the Sea Adventure 2 a good boat to go on out of H and M. It would be more convenient to do an overnight.

If you want to fish for yellows, one of 3/4 day boat is way to go. Look at the fish count. They have a lot more experience fishing islands.

Upvote 0

bstabski

Jun 28, 2012
    Oside
    Name
    Bryan
    Boat
    NA
    Don't waste time on overnight..... These yellows dont wake up until after 1000 anyways.... 3/4 san diego way to go

Upvote 0