Offshore San Diego Offshore Report 09.24.20 Marlin on Paddy at the Corner!

PENN

THE GRAYS

Oct 20, 2006
Redlands
Name
The Grays
Boat
2021 Parker 2320
We fished offshore from San Diego Bay to the Corner with plans of paddy hopping yesterday. Keep in mind we have no electronics on our new boat, GrayLight, so we are just looking for fish in the water from the tower. By the time we got to the Corner we had figured out all of the fish on the paddies were tiny so we had switched to all light gear, our lightest being 15 lb line. We let a weak, small sardine go into a paddy at 32.38.373 117.50.005 and the line goes really tight, much more than you expect from a rat yellow and the line starts peeling out. Then an explosion out of the water, it is a good sized marlin! On 15 lb. line and small reel... The kids helped us and we got to fight the marlin for about 15 minutes before the line broke. What an incredible experience for all of us. The marlin jumped out of the water during the fight about 20 times! Will post a video on YouTube channel, GrayLight Fishing later, what a wonderful day on the water! Good luck to those fishing the marlin tournament this weekend, should be a good one!!!!!

Capture.JPG

Upvote 0

THE GRAYS

Oct 20, 2006
Redlands
Name
The Grays
Boat
2021 Parker 2320
Before it came out of the water we thought shark since we try to avoid catching sharks and they seem to find us anyway, but to see the marlin jump!

Reactions: liltrouble
Upvote 0

THE GRAYS

Oct 20, 2006
Redlands
Name
The Grays
Boat
2021 Parker 2320
We heard your radio report yesterday, thank you.
Did you have any luck out there yesterday? We didn't here much happening on the radio.

Upvote 0

Charles Fike

Almost A Member
Apr 13, 2019
Newbury Park
Name
Charles Fike
Boat
24’ Skipjack Flybridge (Bella B)
That's awesome, Thanks for the report. Just subscribed to your channel. Great family videos. That's what its all about!! So thankful my family enjoys it as much as I do.

C.

Reactions: THE GRAYS
Upvote 0

THE GRAYS

Oct 20, 2006
Redlands
Name
The Grays
Boat
2021 Parker 2320
That's awesome, Thanks for the report. Just subscribed to your channel. Great family videos. That's what its all about!! So thankful my family enjoys it as much as I do.

C.
Thanks for subscribing and glad to hear you get to fish with your family as well!

Upvote 0

THE GRAYS

Oct 20, 2006
Redlands
Name
The Grays
Boat
2021 Parker 2320
Upvote 0

Latest posts