duckbutter6a

Florida man living in SoCal
Nov 15, 2014
El Cajon
Name
Hank
Boat
Dusky 17
Went out Sunday with a friend on my boat. Hit the local spots out of the bay and ran down to the pipe to see what's going on. Alot of bait in the water a good mix in size as well. The morning bite was slower but we managed a few before high tide. Around noon the sandbass started getting aggressive and were prowling the water column outside of the drop off eating bait. All of the ones I caught were puking sardines. I fished kman specials except for some of the rock fish when we felt like pretending we were cattle boat fishing and fished dropper looper squid. Kept some reds for tacos. Overall a great trip with good weather.

First time out in 6 months or so glad to finally get back out. Baystar steering on my boat developed a center seal leak/hydraulic hoses were old needed replacing... my lazy ass took forever to find parts and fix it. Those pesky Canadians at seastar make it impossible to find some of their parts so I also had to hunt around just to get a oring...

20211121_162926.jpg

20211121_072439.jpg

20211121_071328.jpg

the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat
arima - the SLIDER
Good to see you back Butterboy.

Nice looking tacos Sir.

Upvote 0

Caseymcv

Old man
  • Feb 6, 2017
    Wildomar
    Name
    Casey
    Boat
    In my dreams
    Went out Sunday with a friend on my boat. Hit the local spots out of the bay and ran down to the pipe to see what's going on. Alot of bait in the water a good mix in size as well. The morning bite was slower but we managed a few before high tide. Around noon the sandbass started getting aggressive and were prowling the water column outside of the drop off eating bait. All of the ones I caught were puking sardines. I fished kman specials except for some of the rock fish when we felt like pretending we were cattle boat fishing and fished dropper looper squid. Kept some reds for tacos. Overall a great trip with good weather.

First time out in 6 months or so glad to finally get back out. Baystar steering on my boat developed a center seal leak/hydraulic hoses were old needed replacing... my lazy ass took forever to find parts and fix it. Those pesky Canadians at seastar make it impossible to find some of their parts so I also had to hunt around just to get a oring...

View attachment 1335720

View attachment 1335724

View attachment 1335725
    Show the O ring not the tacos, that painful

Reactions: One_Leg