Cody B

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 21, 2018
So Cal
Name
Cody
Boat
NA
Looks like most of the San Diego fleet is behind Catalina today. Hopefully the local SD bite turns back on. I'm driving down to SD from Orange County on Friday to go out on a 1.5 day trip. Looks like a possibility right now of going back north just miles from my house and a lot of extra driving haha. That's fishing.
1597165865920.png

Tar Pit

Mar 7, 2006
Reno NV
Name
Friend of Bucko Shaw
Boat
None.
Some boats had BF limits before 10am.

chilidip

Jul 26, 2006
North OC
Name
David
Boat
17' Logic CC
Damn, the Legend put the wood to those BFT. 112 of them on an extended 1.5 day. Nice

Reactions: rexor_rn

bdogie1

Well-Known "Member"
May 27, 2015
Name
Brandon
Boat
getsome
The world has really ended in EVERY way! Since when does the Excel fish cat?? Suck for those like me who went out this shitty weekend to only have the cold wind kill the bite so we can watch them smash them from work .... WTF now 3/4 day boats getting them....

Tar Pit

Mar 7, 2006
Reno NV
Name
Friend of Bucko Shaw
Boat
None.

SouthBayKiller

Mar 27, 2003
Long Beach, CA
Name
Robert
Boat
none
Our San Diego boats being up there is not a good sign IMO.There must be nothing down south worth looking for ?
Big blob of cold green water from the 302 to almost the hidden bank...Not sure whats below it.

Watch for the San Diego, Liberty, Belle and Grande to find fish as that zone above is way out of their range. Those boats have all reported finding a lot of non-biting yellowfin so hopefully its more about that fish biting than nothing coming up the line...

chilidip

Jul 26, 2006
North OC
Name
David
Boat
17' Logic CC
Having the Ensenada check in point shut down is probably causing this. The RP was with us on our 3 day on the Searcher for a day before they went to Cortez. Why burn all that gas when they’re in our back yard? They’re quality sized ones mixed in there albeit most are in the 20-60lb range.

Varuna

Rich
Aug 28, 2008
Irvine/CA/USA
Name
Rich
Boat
32' Uniflite "Varuna"
Looks like most of the San Diego fleet is behind Catalina today.
On Monday we were out at the 277/152 then went in for YT at the East end/Church Rock area. Left there towards the Mackerel Bank looking for afternoon Tuna to then turn back in on 277 as the wind came up. Only found Dolphin but no breezer's/foamer's. Turned left when we should have turned right. Doohhhh!