kevina

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 10, 2006
redondo beach
Name
kev
Boat
25' aqua sport
Not really, most sport boats will drift sideways to the wind in order to get more rail space for their anglers. Now where the chum goes is a different story; in the beginning it goes with the current whichever way the current might be going, but it will eventually end up upwind of the boat or directly under it. While drifting its better to be off the bow or off the stern, but never upwind less than 150-200 yards
:shake:

Reactions: 998R

SouthBayKiller

Mar 27, 2003
Long Beach, CA
Name
Robert
Boat
none
Think about it when you do the tuna shuffle why do you end up in the bow ?
Depends on the boat but yes most are stern first. But fishing a bait from the down wind corner up to the bow is pretty rare. Probably best off winding in and restarting or taking a bait up to the bow if it’s quiet up there. At least that’s how I roll.

Al B.Fishing

Aug 17, 2012
hb ca usa
Name
gary
Boat
n/a
Depends on the boat but yes most are stern first. But fishing a bait from the down wind corner up to the bow is pretty rare. Probably best off winding in and restarting or taking a bait up to the bow if it’s quiet up there. At least that’s how I roll.
The bow is paradise, just need confidence and timing. Most rewarding spot on any boat and can produce good visuals and way less hassles and stress from the stern combat zone

Woodeneye

May 23, 2007
North Orange County
Name
Chris
Boat
Striper 2300
Now this is the BD I remember. I thought for a minute we were maturing. Lol. Welcome back.

DOGHOUSE26

Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Name
jeff meeker
Boat
26 Blackman Billfisher
Think about it when you do the tuna shuffle why do you end up in the bow ?
#1 Because you started at the rear corner and you didn't get bit by the time you passed Galley entrance, and where are you supposed to go when the 30 other anglers drop their bait in the rear corner under the Chum line? The boat drifts sideways with the wind and when the boat is drifting and if the bite is slow and coming on the long soak then yes you might be catching from the bow.

Last edited:
Reactions: monkutare

Al B.Fishing

Aug 17, 2012
hb ca usa
Name
gary
Boat
n/a
Worst place to try to get bit.
STAY AWAY from the bow.
Only retards fish up there. and thy're retards.
Why yes you are correct wink wink, nod nod. The bow is stupid and should be closed to all unless you took the short bus to the landing.

DOGHOUSE26

Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Name
jeff meeker
Boat
26 Blackman Billfisher
I rather be a clown than sport boat poaching. Your game is weak.
I'd rather be fishing on my own boat at least 2 times a week and I don't have to save my lunch money to go once or twice a year on somebody else's boat so they can give me an opportunity to catch something but they always get mad at me cuz I try to throw iron off the stern of a sportboat. Remember douche bag you would have had to throw 150 yards from the stern over 2 boats to get to me on that particular day so STFU. Be sure to bring you blanky and your pajamas with the feet sewn in on your next overnight trip so you won't catch the Covid, you don't need a mask just keep sucking your pacifier and be a good boy Johnny.

Last edited:

Omarkayak

Jul 26, 2007
Northridge, CA
Name
Bills
Boat
11+ ft, Ocean Kayak Scrambler, P 'N' Queue Pod
Yup, sport boats drift at different orientations depending on above- and below-water profiles and the way they react to things like current running in a particular direction relative to wind waves, etc.

Stern first is best, as it facilitates a steady tuna shuffle that can readily take you all the way to the bow without getting in tangles on a long soak (as long as everyone pays attention). Helps to cast out at the stern to keep bait out from under the boat turning the corner.

Lots of boats drift pretty much crosswise which gets you across the stern quickly, but people tend to jam up on the downwind corner, followed by shouts of "keep moving!" Which is the way to do it as long as folks mind their lines, tightening up occasionally, and avoid doing stupid shit like dumping lots of slack in the water. Nobody's ever done that right?

Forget bait fishing the bow on a bow-first drifter (most smaller private boats drift bow first, for example), unless fish are popping up there and you don't have to wait to get bit.

Step right up everybody! Git yer free advice right here! Only cost you one thin slice o' nuthin.

Good Fishin'!
BDC OK

998R

May 22, 2008
san diego
Name
M
Boat
Blue Monkey, BM2
I'd rather be fishing on my own boat at least 2 times a week and I don't have to save my lunch money to go once or twice a year on somebody else's boat so they can give me an opportunity to catch something but they always get mad at me cuz I try to throw iron off the stern of a sportboat. Remember douche bag you would have had to throw 150 yards from the stern over 2 boats to get to me on that particular day so STFU. Be sure to bring you blanky and your pajamas with the feet sewn in on your next overnight trip so you won't catch the Covid, you don't need a mask just keep sucking your pacifier and be a good boy Johnny.

Yeah I'm getting owned by some punk who's afraid to take a challenge and Put your money where his mouth is.

Sorry no EBT either.

Just leave your rent rod at the office, grab your gunny sack , STFU, and we'll see you again next year.
Enter any local Tournament in your Outage if its running and let me know I'll go head to head with you and @Scum anytime and we'll see who finds fish and gets them in the boat too.

@Dogchow. Remember all this BS drama you put out here on BD? You got caught poaching the sporty, stop lying.

Let’s squash the BS once and for all on how good of a fisherwomen you really are!

You put it out there on going head to head on any tournaments. Well, I called you out and put money on it and YOU pussed out.

Well?! Here’s your chance tough guy.

I’m calling you out for the 2nd time.

Fish this tournament.

Side bet.

Put your money where your mouth is or STFU.

60FFC7B4-3676-444A-9963-77167D83786C.png

B7AC3A2D-9A97-4ECA-AE7F-715E9795BE1F.jpeg

Last edited:

DOGHOUSE26

Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Name
jeff meeker
Boat
26 Blackman Billfisher
Yeah too bad I was at the desert that Halibut weekend maybe we could have solved it back then
IB BUTTS 7-11-20.jpg

But now with enough notice you're on FUCKTARD see you at the weigh in.
Remember, bring your crew but you drive your own boat Captain

998R

May 22, 2008
san diego
Name
M
Boat
Blue Monkey, BM2
Yeah too bad I was at the desert that Halibut weekend maybe we could have solved it back then
View attachment 1169777

@DOGSHIT

let’s keep conversation on one page, either this one or the inshore page.

998R

May 22, 2008
san diego
Name
M
Boat
Blue Monkey, BM2
View attachment 1169777

@DOGHOUSE26

He is a Man of his word, and we are both competing in the big fish tournament.

Damn it’s a small world!

We are getting together Friday, and both passing envelopes to our mutual friend.

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
even if they passed you accurate #'s, do you really think the fish will be there tomorrow?

......it's called "hunting" for a reason. Use your tools.

DOGHOUSE26

Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Name
jeff meeker
Boat
26 Blackman Billfisher
Wrong Tourney ours is in 2 weeks on the 8th of August. I just put $3600 into my boat to get it Tip Top ready; he put over $20K into his new sled and sadly it still has serious issues that hopefully will be corrected by Tournament Time and if not we'll postpone our challenge to another tourney.

Last I heard a 197 was tops in last Saturday's Tourney but that was late Saturday afternoon.

Reactions: 998R

Hismosa

Oct 15, 2016
Burbank, CA
Name
Glenn
Boat
Boat hoe
Wrong Tourney ours is in 2 weeks on the 8th of August. I just put $3600 into my boat to get it Tip Top ready; he put over $20K into his new sled and sadly it still has serious issues that hopefully will be corrected by Tournament Time and if not we'll postpone our challenge to another tourney.

Last I heard a 197 was tops in last Saturday's Tourney but that was late Saturday afternoon.
Well hopefully both guys are able to make it. Good luck

gettingbentwithbo

Get Bent!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
14' Starcraft SF SS
He will learn that he has $4.99 less in his bank acct every month, That's all he is going to learn from that!
Ya I signed up for it and quickly found that everything that I would want to see costs an additional fee... 👎

998R

May 22, 2008
san diego
Name
M
Boat
Blue Monkey, BM2

@DOGHOUSE26

This Man is genuinely a class act. And I’m apologetic for the bad choice of words I called him.

I had a close call, please stay up to date on your safety gear, extra bilges and a emergency plan.