Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Name
jeff meeker
Boat
26 Blackman Billfisher
Don’t bring Jesus in this and
Practice what you preach!

Remember when you set up right behind the stern of the Legend shutting the bite down on our annual charter?
Oh you again still throwing that iron 500 yards off the stern? Remember you would have had to throw it over 2 boats to get to me you're still a clown

Reactions: Capt Devo

Pgnracr

Sep 3, 2014
HB
Name
Jeff
Boat
Line up
Just a tip!! If you want to be THAT GUY! Just wait at bait dock. Follow them Lil the other shitty fishermen. Make sure and stay really close in chum line. Jk. The fish move hourly and especially daily. Be a fisherman study water temps. Use meter and try putting baits in water. I went 6 trips not getting bf. then 4/5 landed fish over 150. Get out find fish before they get pushed down!

Shewillbemine

"should of" is NOT a thing
Oct 19, 2012
California
Name
Shewillbemine
Boat
Chips N Guac
Guys, the San Diego caught 3 pelagics yesterday. Everyone has good days and bad days.

Sucks that they feel compelled to turn off the AIS but it is what it is.

Reactions: Capt Devo

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
100 to 1 you voted for newsome

plj46

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
Guys, the San Diego caught 3 pelagics yesterday. Everyone has good days and bad days.

Sucks that they feel compelled to turn off the AIS but it is what it is.
Why does it suck if they turn off the AIS ? Is that how you find fish ? Following boats ?

Shewillbemine

"should of" is NOT a thing
Oct 19, 2012
California
Name
Shewillbemine
Boat
Chips N Guac
Why does it suck if they turn off the AIS ? Is that how you find fish ? Following boats ?
I don't mean it sucks because I want to follow them. I'm saying it sucks that they feel compelled to do so because boats follow them. Obviously the purpose of AIS is safety and tracking.

Read my latest fish report and you'll see we actually bagged more fish than they did at our own spot (by one). 🤣

vipertom1970

Oct 26, 2015
Inland Empire
Name
tom
Boat
2018 Parker 2320 SL
it's a big Ocean and fish don't stay one place so I found more success this year catching BF by staying far away from other boats.

Reactions: getusum and kevina

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
That will cost them some day.
AIS...could have been helpful. Prowler didn't have theirs on that day. Just saying.....
But then again neither did the Attessa. Or neither capt paid attention to it.

Back to the popcorn🍿

John56434

Idk what to name dis
Aug 1, 2019
West side
Name
John
Boat
Fishing boat
How stupid can one poster be? Insane trying to rob one Captain secrets and livelihood. Or maybe one passenger just might spill the beans. I'm hoping for the latter.
I can spill beans easy as not doing so. Turn your radar on while at sea or just go on the boat and set points on the gps app

mullet

Metal Fabricator
Jan 10, 2006
San Fernando Valley
Name
Mike
Boat
19"Gregor
Don’t bring Jesus in this and
Practice what you preach!

Remember when you set up right behind the stern of the Legend shutting the bite down on our annual charter?
Most sportboats drift stern first . Setting up off the bow is where you want to be . That's where the bait ends up .

DOGHOUSE26

Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Name
jeff meeker
Boat
26 Blackman Billfisher
Most sportboats drift stern first . Setting up off the bow is where you want to be . That's where the bait ends up .
Not really, most sport boats will drift sideways to the wind in order to get more rail space for their anglers. Now where the chum goes is a different story; in the beginning it goes with the current whichever way the current might be going, but it will eventually end up upwind of the boat or directly under it. While drifting its better to be off the bow or off the stern, but never upwind less than 150-200 yards

mullet

Metal Fabricator
Jan 10, 2006
San Fernando Valley
Name
Mike
Boat
19"Gregor
Not really, most sport boats will drift sideways to the wind in order to get more rail space for their anglers. Now where the chum goes is a different story; in the beginning it goes with the current whichever way the current might be going, but it will eventually end up upwind of the boat or directly under it. While drifting its better to be off the bow or off the stern, but never upwind less than 150-200 yards
Think about it when you do the tuna shuffle why do you end up in the bow ?

Reactions: plj46 and Cubeye

kevina

Sep 10, 2006
redondo beach
Name
kev
Boat
25' aqua sport
Join ursaltwaterguid .com 4.99$Will get you all the spots and you might learn something as well.
He will learn that he has $4.99 less in his bank acct every month, That's all he is going to learn from that!