rock&reel

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 26, 2007
Downey
Name
Dale
Boat
Proline
The San Diego got into the 30 lb bluefin. Anyone know where they’re fishing?

cortezpirasea

Pangero
Feb 23, 2012
la mesa, ca
Name
Russell
Boat
21 ft panga Sea Moan/17 ft gregor Pirasea II
If they go to the same area tomorrow... There's one sure way to find out...

Jay1

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 1, 2015
Name
Julian
Boat
Boat hoe
San Diego does turn on his ais they just turn it off the moment they are in Mexican waters.

Reactions: Capt Devo

bdogie1

Well-Known "Member"
May 27, 2015
Name
Brandon
Boat
getsome
That some funny shit.... Thanks for the great laugh....

SouthBayKiller

Mar 27, 2003
Long Beach, CA
Name
Robert
Boat
none
No one I know gives a f about where the SD is fishing and I have plenty of friends that fish her. Passenger safety comes first or haven’t you deckhands and deadheads figured that out yet?
No one I know does either, that doesn’t mean no one you or I don’t know doesn’t use that info to track and follow boats. If the info wasn’t publicly available I’m sure they would gladly follow but it’s not. No one uses Vesselfinder or Marinetraffic for any safety purpose, they use it to track boats for all sorts of reasons, not just fishing, but obviously a lot of people here do exactly that.
I think you have a valid point about safety, but I think to make your point more valid you are purposely ignoring the motivations they have for keeping the AIS off. When they catch fish in 3/4 day range do you not think the first thing a lot of people think is “where?”. That is literally the whole point of the first post of this thread...if they had AIS this guy would be in their chumline tomorrow...

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
If i was a passenger i would have zero concern for my safety at 3/4 day range.It's not like you're hundreds of miles from anybody.