DOGHOUSE26

I Should Upgrade My Account
Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Name
jeff meeker
Boat
26 Blackman Billfisher
Congrats on a fine day and Thanks for the report. Generally when you find keeper there are several others close by so you need to stay close and strip mine the entire area.

Reactions: One_Leg
Upvote 0

Spoons

USCG Master
Oct 21, 2004
San Diego/SF Bay
Name
Capt. Erik
Boat
21' Center Console
Trying my best! I have always been fascinated by flat fish and love to chase them.
Its an awesome boat ramp! Pain to get on at the moment with the gate guards constantly switching the rules.

What are the gate guards saying these days?

THanks in advance.

Upvote 0

MikeC92109

Weekend Warrior
Sep 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
Name
Mike
Boat
Sea Pro 228
How often do your lines get snagged when bounce balling or slow trolling the bottom? I've been fishing 100% offshore the past 5 years, but I'm tired of chasing tuna and having to drive 100+ miles every trip so I'm planning to start learning inshore techniques and change up the program.

Reactions: Spoons
Upvote 0

MattFred1414

• Jan 3, 2020
    San Diego
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    20ft Skeeter Zx20Bay
    What are the gate guards saying these days?

THanks in advance.
    You can only come on base if you have your boat there. One set of guards told me I wasn’t allowed on base even though my name was on the list.
    Another told me my friend couldn’t get on. Then let him on when he drove himself through. You never know what you’re going to get.

Upvote 0

MattFred1414

• Jan 3, 2020
    San Diego
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    20ft Skeeter Zx20Bay
    How often do your lines get snagged when bounce balling or slow trolling the bottom? I've been fishing 100% offshore the past 5 years, but I'm tired of chasing tuna and having to drive 100+ miles every trip so I'm planning to start learning inshore techniques and change up the program.

I fish grassy areas with little to no rock. So I hardly ever get snagged. I’d be willing to trade you a halibut trip for an offshore trip 😉 haha

Upvote 0