Fins in the Bin

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 10, 2004
Jamul
Name
used to fish
Boat
50 Silverton
So far in California only 3 people per million have died due to this virus. How come all the grocery stores still have the same people working in them, shouldn't they have all been sick and replaced since we are all still walking past them one after another? Fast food drive thru are non stop one car after another, how come all of hem haven't been leading the news with infections? Ca isn't NY, I thought last week the cases were supposed to be doubling every day, what happened?

once bit

Oct 17, 2013
Western US
Name
PJ
Boat
baptism
So far in California only 3 people per million have died due to this virus. How come all the grocery stores still have the same people working in them, shouldn't they have all been sick and replaced since we are all still walking past them one after another? Fast food drive thru are non stop one car after another, how come all of hem haven't been leading the news with infections? Ca isn't NY, I thought last week the cases were supposed to be doubling every day, what happened?
EXACTLY! ...wake up sheeple.

michael e. bingham

Well-Known "Member"
May 26, 2015
Name
Pura Vida
Boat
Pura Vida 30' Custom Panga
The port District is closing San Diego bay tonight at midnight , zero boat traffic will be allowed , i have a buddy who works in the enforsement division and he called me , this is going to be brutal but if we all work thru this itll be over sooner than later i hope , fishing is my only outlet as most fisherman but this i guess is necessary although i cant really figure out why a couple of buddies cant spend the dah on the water , tackle clean up and orginize time i guess

Huntersmoon

Jan 8, 2006
here
Name
nombre
Boat
no
The port District is closing San Diego bay tonight at midnight , zero boat traffic will be allowed , i have a buddy who works in the enforsement division and he called me , this is going to be brutal but if we all work thru this itll be over sooner than later i hope , fishing is my only outlet as most fisherman but this i guess is necessary although i cant really figure out why a couple of buddies cant spend the dah on the water , tackle clean up and orginize time i guess
The bite at 15-30 miles is epic, just inside 302, 60-80lb fish eating surface iron. It’s beyond brutal.

Last edited:
Reactions: kevina

kevina

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 10, 2006
redondo beach
Name
kev
Boat
25' aqua sport
The bite at 30 miles is epic, just inside 302, 60-80lb fish eating surface iron. It’s beyond brutal.
The fish are loving it, No boat traffic, No Assholes to run over foamer while gorging on a Big Bait Ball untill that skuff comes up on the breaking fish full speed and pulls it out of gear when he's on top of the bait/fish and spoils the Tuna's Party.

Reactions: marlyn

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
Imagine how good things might be because these fish have a chance to settle in and gather without being harassed.The Coronado islands also,nobody there to break up the migration of Yellows.The only drawback is the seals are probably starving :D

makairaa

May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
I don't know, but maybe because we closed everything down before everone else did? Might just possibly had some effect. Of course I do still think there has been a bit of an overreaction.

makairaa

May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
Imagine how good things might be because these fish have a chance to settle in and gather without being harassed.The Coronado islands also,nobody there to break up the migration of Yellows.The only drawback is the seals are probably starving :D
Think of all those thousands of yellowtail that are not getting killed reproducing. Might make the next couple of years better. Have to think of some positive out of this.

cioppino

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 16, 2005
San Diego
Name
Dave
Boat
FORTUNA -- Parker 2510 XLD
Like I saw last Sunday tubing the bay. 2 boats out of 5 had 6 to 9 people hanging out drinking and touching each other, handshakes and high fives. Rich dumb fucks on yachts pretending this doesn't apply to them.
Thanks guys.

radman

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 10, 2006
escondido
Name
Darrin
Boat
Stringari
Seriously,I am the first one to defend our rights to do anything and be free,but the thing is,this is a serious virus that will kill you,if you are one of the un-lucky ones.Personally,I have an auto repair business to run,3 kids from 7-11 yrs old,who need their dad to be around,so of course,I am hoping,praying that I do not get sick.Even if I got sick,and if I have to be in the hospital,and survive,it would put a serious hurt on my family.What I am saying is,I don`t want to find out if it hits me easy,or hard,and am taking precautions.Do you think my kids are wanting to go fishing,and feeling couped up?Hell yes.My 11yr old is asking about lakes in the mountains we have fished,becuase he is dying to go fishing.Can I wait 2 or 3,or months till this passes,to take them out.Of course I can.It sucks,but the problem is,what ruined it for us,is I have a friend who lives a little south of O-side pier,and even today he told me he could not believe the groups of young people congregated on the beach...problem is,the young generation feels invinsable,but I know better.I personally do not think the bays should be closed for people who have boats slipped or docked there,but just comply,and see how this works out.If 3 months from now,Martial law is in place,and we have lost all our rights,then by all means,let1s fight for our rights.My wife has a Brother,Sister,brother in law,and 3 nieces in New York,and they all have the virus,and are recovering.they all say the same thing,it feels like a bulldozer hit them at 60mph.Let1s just be patient,and hope that things get better,and maybe spend a little more time with our loved ones,and realize that life has some sort of meaning,other than complaining about things.Personally,I have layed off 4 of my 5 auto techs,and am going crazy.I have re-done the oak trim on my stringari,done service to the Suzuki,and am ready to go,but realize there are alot of people suffering from this,and am trying to be cool.

chachi10

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 28, 2018
San Diego
Name
Chachi
Boat
None
We had the same amount of deaths and infections as NY early on. Our state locked down, early. They didn't. They now have 3,000 deaths in NY to CA's 260 with almost 5x the population. That is evidence of this shit working for us as much as I hate to admit it since this shit sucks.

Meanwhile my friend who lives in Brooklyn and works for a Connecticut brewery is still riding packed subways from NYC to CT daily. It'll only continue to get worse there

Last edited:
Reactions: lougio

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
We had the same amount of deaths and infections as NY early on. Our state locked down, early. They didn't. They now have 3,000 deaths in NY to CA's 260 with almost 5x the population. That is evidence of this shit working for us.
Or it's the fact that NYC has a highly concentrated population compared to California.They also walk everywhere and use the subways,we don't.I'm not disputing the lockdown helps.

Huntersmoon

Jan 8, 2006
here
Name
nombre
Boat
no
The fish are loving it, No boat traffic, No Assholes to run over foamer while gorging on a Big Bait Ball untill that skuff comes up on the breaking fish full speed and pulls it out of gear when he's on top of the bait/fish and spoils the Tuna's Party.
That’s what we all dream of....little or no boat traffic

Reactions: kevina

michael e. bingham

Well-Known "Member"
May 26, 2015
Name
Pura Vida
Boat
Pura Vida 30' Custom Panga
I went to shelter island this morning Saturday and i saw several boats cruzing around so i guess the bay is still opened to slipped boats , one of my buddies went to the 425 this morning to chase the tuna and no one stopped him from heading out the harbour

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
Admin
Feb 4, 2003
Encinitas, CA USA
www.bdoutdoors.com
Name
Jason
I know of 6 boats that went today. Only 1 turned around because it was pretty rough for his skiff. No sign of any major stoppage at the harbor mouth or in the bay. For Fishdope we have to post within the law. They told us it’s closed...

chachi10

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 28, 2018
San Diego
Name
Chachi
Boat
None
Or it's the fact that NYC has a highly concentrated population compared to California.They also walk everywhere and use the subways,we don't.I'm not disputing the lockdown helps.
Oh for sure. My buddy lives in Brooklyn. Takes train to CT for work daily still since his boss claims he's an essential employee brewing craft beer lol. Never mind all the roaches/rats/mice that can spread it by touching shit and going to every apartment on the block

john beerling

Jun 9, 2008
So Cal
Name
john
Boat
Robalo Cayman 226
San Diego Bay is officially closed. Launched at Glorietta Bay yesterday (fri) at 5 pm. Fished Coronados and returned a little after midnight. Not a single boat on the water besides us. Got back to ramp shortly after midnight only to find barricades closing the ramp. Stopped by border agents pulling out of ramp as they been tracking us from Mex thinking they had the big one but no one avail to jam us up on water. Friendly but disappointed only to find a couple old white dudes.
Bass fishing slow, but managed to catch & release 7 & 8 lb fish. Partner this morning (sat) left his slip in Kona Kia but stopped and ordered off water. Not allowed to leave slip even to exit harbor. Strange times

Reactions: Jason

HookEmDanO

Huhuhuge member
Jan 31, 2004
San Diego
Name
Dan
Boat
1997 Trophy 2352
We had the same amount of deaths and infections as NY early on. Our state locked down, early. They didn't. They now have 3,000 deaths in NY to CA's 260 with almost 5x the population. That is evidence of this shit working for us as much as I hate to admit it since this shit sucks.

Meanwhile my friend who lives in Brooklyn and works for a Connecticut brewery is still riding packed subways from NYC to CT daily. It'll only continue to get worse there
WRONG

As of Friday morning, there are 215 coronavirus-associated deaths in California (population 40 million), and 2,373 in New York (population 20 million).

California officials are crediting their head start on social distancing measures, Limbaugh said. “Okay. Well, when did they start social distancing?” he asked. “Are you ready to be a little surprised? California ordered social distancing only 13 days ago. They didn’t order social distancing in December. They didn’t order social distancing in January. California did not order social distancing in February. They ordered it 13 days ago.”

“Do you know when New York state ordered social distancing?” the conservative asked. “Eleven days ago.”

“We are supposed to believe that two days made all the difference in the number of cases between California and New York?” Limbaugh said skeptically. “California, again, 248 cases of COVID-19 per million population. New York, 4,312. California began social distancing two days before New York. De Blasio wouldn’t even shut down the schools until recently, you remember? I don’t know how two days of social distancing before New York started it, New York state started it, could have this big a difference. It just doesn’t jibe.”

Reactions: oldnslo

chachi10

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 28, 2018
San Diego
Name
Chachi
Boat
None
13 days is longer than 11 days. Thanks for citing my work bud. But there's other factors obviously comparing NYC to west coast