Jason

I break stuff @ BD
Admin
Feb 4, 2003
Encinitas, CA USA
www.bdoutdoors.com
Name
Jason
Just off the phone with the fuel dock. Harbor patrol came by and told them that the bay and waterways will be shutting down. They did not have a day or time but with Glorietta Bay ramp closing down this morning that is it for SD launching.

I received this email yesterday as well.

Forward this to everyone you know with a boat...

I received word that the port authority is planning to close the San Diego Bay to all recreational boaters. If you are like I am, and feel you can safely social distance with your family on the bay, and that this restriction would not do anything to reduce the risk of COVID 19 spread... please contact the Port Authority at the below e-mail to let them know. Stay healthy and stay safe. [email protected]

MJB

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Mark
Boat
sold it!!
Stand by for more restrictions?

I hate seals

Advertiser
Advertiser
Aug 24, 2004
SD
Name
Bryan Z
Boat
36' Hatteras
Thanks for the update.

Sdchronix

Alpine Beer Fishing Team
Jul 26, 2018
San diego
Name
Anthony C.
Boat
Hooked Up Boat Club - Parker 2320
God dammit. Almost went today and didn't. Fucked myself.

MYNomad

Heading South
Dec 12, 2007
Pacific Northwest / West Coast Mexico
Name
Rick
Boat
Yes
Its one thing to eliminate recreational activities in the bay and another to close the bay down completely. I would still expect to be able to take a non-commercial boat in and out of the bay.

tidechaser

Jul 2, 2005
CA
Name
Chuck
Boat
-
People with fishing boats, you should take your boat out before they shut down the bay and stay out there fishing. Who knows, you may be only one survived this outbreak.
and don't forget to pack your bait tank with toilet paper.

duckbutter6a

Florida man living in SoCal
Nov 15, 2014
El Cajon
Name
Hank
Boat
Dusky 17
Stupid. The bay is super slow due to all of this. Very few boats out. What's the point... oh wait to further kill the economy.

Meanwhile the county can't even control people congregating in public spaces.

Reactions: fishnfool909

duckbutter6a

Florida man living in SoCal
Nov 15, 2014
El Cajon
Name
Hank
Boat
Dusky 17
Im really regretting not selling my wife and the pets for that 30+ foot sail boat right about now :shake:

Just point her west south west and go.

• Haha
Reactions: Groper and Husband

cozenone

Jan 25, 2020
northwest
Name
joe
Boat
none

JUST STAY HOME !!! The reason this shit is getting shut down, is because you selfish entitled son of a bitches, that just run out to the beach and docks, when there is a
STAY AT HOME ORDER, Yet, the same people express so much concern about the long range fleet and all the services hurting. This is not a double edge sword, If everyone is going to get back to the normal selfish lives we're used to....JUST STAY THE FUCK HOME

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
Admin
Feb 4, 2003
Encinitas, CA USA
www.bdoutdoors.com
Name
Jason

JUST STAY HOME !!! The reason this shit is getting shut down, is because you selfish entitled son of a bitches, that just run out to the beach and docks, when there is a
STAY AT HOME ORDER, Yet, the same people express so much concern about the long range fleet and all the services hurting. This is not a double edge sword, If everyone is going to get back to the normal selfish lives we're used to....JUST STAY THE FUCK HOME

PoolMan

7 'dines short of a full scoop
Nov 7, 2005
La Costa
Name
Chuck G
Boat
8' sabot #69
So is the bay closed to transit or just recreational activity within the bay?

PoolMan

7 'dines short of a full scoop
Nov 7, 2005
La Costa
Name
Chuck G
Boat
8' sabot #69
This is from the Port Covid-19 page:

"If I have a boat on the water, (at a mooring, marina, etc.) can I go out on it, fish, sail, etc?
Consistent with state orders regarding recreation, it’s allowed so long as you can maintain a safe social distance of six feet from people who aren’t part of your household. Per the state stay-at-home order, non-essential gatherings of any size are not allowed. Everyone has the responsibility to “Flatten the COVID-19 Curve” by maintaining a social distance of 6 feet or more when recreating in the outdoors, and staying home if they are sick. If you cannot maintain social distancing, you need to go elsewhere or return home.
Posted 3/26/2020"

Reactions: marlyn and Hooops

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
I went and checked on my Boat this morning at Seaworld Marina and no one there except for one guy talking to the Marina dock master, crying and moaning he can't take his boat out... I tried to say something to him and he started raising his voice and cursing, I looked at him told to have a nice day and left to go to my boat to check things...took a quick check and back home to my safe haven.. There was not anyone on the water in Mission Bay. other than that guy bitching ,there was no one on the docks.
did my checks and came home...

Last edited:
Reactions: bman440440

Goldminer1957

Aug 14, 2008
Carson,Ca.
Name
David Lawrence
Boat
SeaCraft 23'

ya be a good lil sheep drink the koolaid