super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Ok, thinking about possibly taking the girls to the SD Bay Parade of lights tomorrow night 12/8.

Trying to figure out where there might be some good viewing while still staying very close to the vehicle, or even kicking back watching it from the tailgate. Anybody know of such the spot with good viewing and possibly from the vehicle?

I'm open for other good spots as well, even if they are not near or from the vehicle.

Thanks in advance!

The unknown fisherman:p:

Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
Ok, thinking about possibly taking the girls to the SD Bay Parade of lights tomorrow night 12/8.

Trying to figure out where there might be some good viewing while still staying very close to the vehicle, or even kicking back watching it from the tailgate. Anybody know of such the spot with good viewing and possibly from the vehicle?

I'm open for other good spots as well, even if they are not near or from the vehicle.

Thanks in advance!

Get there early and park across the street from Harbor Island Marina.......

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
behind the convention center the end of it was a pretty good spot ...

Thanks.... I was just thinking about that while looking at the route online. That might be where I go since I am really familiar with that area as 90% of my work is over there.

It looks like both Shelter Island or Harbor island probably have some really good viewing to where you could probably watch from your vehicle or close to it as well, but I would imagine you need to be there way early to get a spot there.

Upvote 0

Gil Marlin

World Peace? Visualize Using Your Turn Indicator
Nov 27, 2003
Laguna Percebu Baja Norte
Name
Scott
Boat
19.655' Aluminum
Spanish Landing... get a spot early today, do some fishing from the rocks, take a bike ride, but get there early...

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
We ended up at Shelter island a bit past the launch ramp, and we parked curbside (on the street) right along the grass. Popped the tailgate down, jumped in the shell with the kids, and got down to chowing some hot pizza and drinks while waiting for the parade to get going.

We parked maybe a few blocks from the turn around point, and very close to the start of the parade..... we could actually see all the boats gathering together & lining up to get ready for the start. The funny thing is it wasn't crowded at all! There was parking everywhere, and the grass area was totally empty of people!

The view wasn't bad at all, and we walked from the truck to the little sidewalk to watch the boats, but then we all decided it was much more comfortable to view from the warmth of the back of the shell looking out the side window.

There probably are some better view points with closer views of the boats from Harbor island I'm thinking, but honestly our spot wasn't bad at all! I still cant believe how few people were down there.

Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
We ended up at Shelter island a bit past the launch ramp, and we parked curbside (on the street) right along the grass. Popped the tailgate down, jumped in the shell with the kids, and got down to chowing some hot pizza and drinks while waiting for the parade to get going.

We parked maybe a few blocks from the turn around point, and very close to the start of the parade..... we could actually see all the boats gathering together & lining up to get ready for the start. The funny thing is it wasn't crowded at all! There was parking everywhere, and the grass area was totally empty of people!

The view wasn't bad at all, and we walked from the truck to the little sidewalk to watch the boats, but then we all decided it was much more comfortable to view from the warmth of the back of the shell looking out the side window.

There probably are some better view points with closer views of the boats from Harbor island I'm thinking, but honestly are spot wasn't bad at all! I still cant believe how few people were down there.

your welcome.......<label for="rb_iconid_10">
icon10.gif
</label>.....

Upvote 0