PENN

Pgnracr

Sep 3, 2014
HB
Name
Jeff
Boat
Line up
Tough to compare Chubasco II is private charter. Enough said. San Diego is a great 3/4 day. The knit picking shit. The money is collected at he cash register with CC machines. Ie. then to speed things up they do sign ins outside sack tags JP. As for being a little behind. Big deal. They work HUGE hours now so cut some slack. As for a passenger cutting you off. Well shit happens. But your big pile of shit is; In anyway trying to say Booger does not look for fish??????? Ur ":smoking33: " They are Awesome at it!!!

Upvote 0

MikesOcean

Jun 23, 2011
San Pedro
www.marinabaywatch.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Therapist
Sorry to hear that Ian didn't have a good trip. Better luck next time.

I do have to say....

This San Diego boat needs to put Ian on there payroll. WOW what great publicity there getting from here. Everyone protecting and bragging on how great this boat it is. Can't wait to give it a shot!

Upvote 0

CrazyDonkey

Sep 4, 2014
Name
Ian
Boat
Linda Vista
Tough to compare Chubasco II is private charter. Enough said. San Diego is a great 3/4 day. The knit picking shit. The money is collected at he cash register with CC machines. Ie. then to speed things up they do sign ins outside sack tags JP. As for being a little behind. Big deal. They work HUGE hours now so cut some slack. As for a passenger cutting you off. Well shit happens. But your big pile of shit is; In anyway trying to say Booger does not look for fish??????? Ur ":smoking33: " They are Awesome at it!!!
Chubasco II is not a private charter so they can be compared. The issue with the money being taken inside and then tags outside is that the store opened at least 15-20 minutes late so that meant the boat left late. If I pay to leave the dock at 0530 then that is when we should be leaving.

Once again...it was not "Booger" who was driving the boat...

Upvote 0

zman91

Sep 3, 2007
Ocean
Name
Jack mehoff
Boat
Your wife’s when your out of town
Sorry I will not take most complaints about the San Diego seriously, they are the gold standard for local fishing in Southern California, sounds like you are a donkey who couldn't catch fish. This is from somebody who has no affiliation with the San Diego and use to pin head on the chubasco 2

Upvote 0

SemperFishing

Apr 26, 2007
Austin, TX
Name
Dave
Boat
Prefer Long Range or skiffs (great if combined!)
I've fished both boats, have no problem with the Chubasco but prefer the San Diego. That said, I've fished the San Diego over 100 times when I stationed (on and off) in Southern California. I fish the Mission Belle a lot too.

That said, I don't like this report. It sounds like a whiny yelp review. My boat this, my boat that...really? It must be a generational thing. I must be old school, I get on the boat, I fish, I have a good time. I don't expect a salty FISHING boat to act like the Radisson Blue hotel. I don't knit pick at little details when I pay a nominal price for a 3/4 boat, no more than I expect a curtsy from a bow-tied butler when I go to in-n-out burger. I unhook my own fish. I don't have instant gratification. I respect a business and people who run it when they work hard, I don't go online and bash them for entertainment or because I have an ax to grind, I just go elsewhere. Once again, I must be old school. Having manners must be an old standard.

People say they should be allowed to post their opinions, I say have some class and grow up. Unless somebody robbed your ass, see the bigger picture, instead getting your head wrapped around small chicken shit details. Whats that bigger picture? Having a great day on the water is better than watching Marines die in front of your face (circa 2004 in the battle of Fallujah). Sometimes I think about my two dead Lieutenant friends killed over there. One of them left behind 3 kids, the other received a posthumous bronze star after he stormed a building hiding the sniper that pinned down his platoon. He got shot in the gut in the process. He left behind a fiancee. You should look him up, 1st Lt Josh Palmer, USMC. I love hearing chicken shit whiney stories after I think about that. Go yelp a walmart or mcdonald or some other faceless corporate publicly traded company. I will stick up for the little guys, namely Booger and Renee, whom I have fished with confidence on SAN DIEGO for nearly 8 years. And if that isn't enough, the proof of the San Diego as an operation is in the pictures....

http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/th...-yellowtail-on-san-diego.330816/#post-2277345

BTW: I pinheaded on the Islander back when Mark Pisano and Paul Stasser owned the Islander. I was 13, and this was back in 1994. Its an old tradition. They went on to own one of the best Long Range boats in the fleet, the Independence. I grew up too, and have the fish to proudly display because of it by having a open mind and hard working attitude. I recommend to you, Donkey, to stick to Battlefield or Halo. I don't think you get this whole fishing deal, I for one would not like to fish with you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Every time I see a post like this it just makes me feel so lucky and grateful.
I work my ass off all week so I can pay bills and make a boat payment every month.I don't miss fishing on sport boats one bit...im not a real people person.
012.JPG

Upvote 0

Crucial

Jul 9, 2011
OC
Name
DK
Boat
Hobie kayak
I actually had the exact opposite experience on The San Diego. I live in Orange County and this summer was my first time on the SD and I was really impressed. Caught a bunch of Tuna both trips, the crew worked hard and were cool, one cook was really cool the other a typical cook(most of those guys are salty by nature). One trip we had a bald white dude as captain and the second the little asian dude, both were great. Bottom line, I would rather wake up early and drive down to ride this 3/4 boat versus riding the 3/4 boats 20 minutes from me.

Upvote 0

rookie angler

Jun 2, 2009
I.E.
Name
Jon
Boat
Well, my favorite boat only will inly gaff my fish where I tell them to. Sometimes I feel like a head shot and sometimes I like it in the tail...:gay:

Upvote 0

mullet

Metal Fabricator
Jan 10, 2006
Brookings Oregon
Name
mike
Boat
19"Gregor
All I can say is the OP sure picked himself an appropriate screen name.

Last edited:
Upvote 0