boatless indago

Boatless in Dago
Jul 15, 2012
sd ca
Name
lj
Boat
nomo boat
YA newfangled....here in the "V" we all spend our lives living and uplifting each other. IAN sounds like a young man I knew when he was very small!! I am hoping I am correct. Might be wrong though..that happens!! whats up Delta Mike??

Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
  • Mar 4, 2005
    Clairemont
    Name
    AGGRO
    Boat
    skiff
    So sad... Besides, everyone knows that Steve P's Mission Belle is the best 3/4 operation in the fleet... :D

It's gonna be a contest to see who closes this first ...aa aaa aaaa CHOOO :D

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    Why close it?? Just sweep up the BS, otherwise it just rewards the fools who don't know how to converse and never teaches them nothing. Not to mention that the sports section gets way more bogus talk then these type of threads do.

Don't reward the bad guys and burn the good...... just saying.

The unknown fisherman:p:

Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
  • Mar 4, 2005
    Clairemont
    Name
    AGGRO
    Boat
    skiff
    Why close it?? Just sweep up the BS, otherwise it just rewards the fools who don't know how to converse and never teaches them nothing. Not to mention that the sports section gets way more bogus talk then these type of threads do.

Don't reward the bad guys and burn the good...... just saying.

The unknown fisherman:p:
    totally just dickin with ya now :rofl:EDIT, ok, let's bring it down. Enough of this personal attack shit or it will go the way of every other thread you guys bring your personal agenda. None of this high school meet me after class crap. Come on guys.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

boatless indago

Boatless in Dago
    Jul 15, 2012
    sd ca
    Name
    lj
    Boat
    nomo boat
    If you're talking about the electric union...that's not me, I don't do electric and I don't belong to a union. So I think you're asking about and thinking of the wrong person but if it is me, then please tell me in person.
    YA MY BAAAAAD IAN.....i thought you were IAN B. jimmy and stephys lil bro....dumb me thinking like thered only be 1 IAN in The V.......

Upvote 0

pacificscout

Hey! You got any frozen ice?
  • Jul 28, 2012
    Fullerton
    Name
    Wally
    Boat
    16ft Scout EMBUSTERO
    02512dc86c9dc003982d0b4c7e782e95.jpg

Upvote 0

Jaydog

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jul 18, 2005
    San Diego
    Name
    Jay
    Boat
    Mako 19'
    Just for the record Stinger is quite possibly the most over qualified 3/4 day boat capt. ever. He is a hunter and a killer. He is a touch short on customer eloquence but he more than makes up for that in skills. I just can't put into words how great the little bastard is and NO he and I don't necessarily get along that well but I love fishing with him at the helm.

The Chub is fine, that's it just fine.

The San Diego is hands down the best 3/4 boat and it's not even up for debate.

They all have their off days and it sounds like the OP just prefers the smallness of the Chubasco. The Chubasco is a hidden gem sometimes during the busy months but to the OP- give the SD a try in slow season and you won't regret it. I know a few very fishy 3/4 day customers that ride The Chub in the summer months and then bounce back on the SD when the crowds slow down.

Reactions: ZHALVAJE
    Upvote 0

Jigslinger

Fishing is an incurable disease
    Apr 5, 2011
    Orange County, CA
    Name
    Greg
    Boat
    Big ones with hot burgers and cold drinks
    Yep, like I said it was my mistake, I am used to doing it one way with a certain crew. Since I had never delt with the crew I should have managed the spool. But then again, I've never had anyone drop a fish in the middle of de-hooking and run off.

It was a freaking bonita. I was out this morning on a half-day and dropped bonita like they're out of style.

Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jan 7, 2008
    Socal
    Name
    john
    Boat
    24 ft grady white
    People keep saying the San Diego is the best 3/4 day period,hands down,no argument blah blah blah.I'll tell you why its not ! 51 anglers and a freerider or two.Waaaaaay too many on that boat.I would rather fish a boat that catches less fish than deal with that many people.Why is that boat loading up that many when others will not ?

Upvote 0

Phat Boat

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Apr 18, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Jon
    Boat
    Grady White Marlin 300
    If one thinks about the number of people that have rode the san diego this year and they seemed to only piss off one guy. Not too shabby really.

Cooks, yea, crusty is a requirement i think.

Ray is a fish killer no doubt. I had the pleasure of fishing with him a couple times. Hes a killer and often that means less than ideal customer service because he is so focused and grinding on finding fish. Ill take this over unicorns and rainbows.

Crews are getting burnt. Its been a full season for the san diego and most sportboats.

Upvote 0

CrazyDonkey

Sep 4, 2014
    Name
    Ian
    Boat
    Linda Vista
    Just for the record Stinger is quite possibly the most over qualified 3/4 day boat capt. ever. He is a hunter and a killer. He is a touch short on customer eloquence but he more than makes up for that in skills. I just can't put into words how great the little bastard is and NO he and I don't necessarily get along that well but I love fishing with him at the helm.

The Chub is fine, that's it just fine.

The San Diego is hands down the best 3/4 boat and it's not even up for debate.

They all have their off days and it sounds like the OP just prefers the smallness of the Chubasco. The Chubasco is a hidden gem sometimes during the busy months but to the OP- give the SD a try in slow season and you won't regret it. I know a few very fishy 3/4 day customers that ride The Chub in the summer months and then bounce back on the SD when the crowds slow down.
    I have heard this as well and I do plan on giving the boat another try with my group again once it slows down. I like going to different boats everyonce in a while to learn something new, can't learn new things if you're always around the same people every trip.

Reactions: wils
    Upvote 0

CrazyDonkey

Sep 4, 2014
    Name
    Ian
    Boat
    Linda Vista
    I think I did learn is that the quickness of the Palomar knot for me is not an excuse to use it on these bigger fish. After talking wit some people and doing some research the knot strength of the Palomar is horrible and is probably why I lost those 4 fish(at least) once I put it in gear and lifted. I will be switching to a cinch knot from now on, either the SD Jam or the Uni.

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
    Oct 20, 2008
    San Marcos
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    Sportboat
    People keep saying the San Diego is the best 3/4 day period,hands down,no argument blah blah blah.I'll tell you why its not ! 51 anglers and a freerider or two.Waaaaaay too many on that boat.I would rather fish a boat that catches less fish than deal with that many people.Why is that boat loading up that many when others will not ?

51 on the San Diego is way more comfortable then 45 on the Mission Belle. As a matter of fact 70 on the San Diego is more comfortable then 45 on the Belle.

Reactions: Lucky B
    Upvote 0

Calishark

Hook UP!!!
    Sep 12, 2013
    San Diego
    Name
    Glenn
    Boat
    Ho
    Fish count 9-16-14
    San Diego - 3/4 Day - 38 people - 325 Yellowfin Tuna, 50 Yellowtail7:00 PM

38 people, 325 tuna. This is why the San Diego is the best boat in the fleet. They put you on fish, period. You have to understand the costomer service is lacking because these guys are putting in 6-7 days a week, long hour days, not much sleep, dealing with 40+ googans on there boat every day. The San Diego has been fishing hard since the beginning of the year in January when we were slaying the big yellows at the islands. 9 months of hard epic fishing, and dealing with kooks and googans who frequent 3/4 days boats, and you would be burnt out also.

But I'm happy you didn't like the SD leaves more room for me, myself and I.

Upvote 0

Randy V

Slamma Jamma
    Mar 19, 2008
    Insane Diego, CA
    Name
    Randy
    Boat
    30' Kona Star
    I think I did learn is that the quickness of the Palomar knot for me is not an excuse to use it on these bigger fish. After talking wit some people and doing some research the knot strength of the Palomar is horrible and is probably why I lost those 4 fish(at least) once I put it in gear and lifted. I will be switching to a cinch knot from now on, either the SD Jam or the Uni.

Try the Trilene knot - quick to tie and very reliable knot strength.

Upvote 0

CrazyDonkey

Sep 4, 2014
    Name
    Ian
    Boat
    Linda Vista
    I've never had a knot failure with the SD jam knot
    I'm sure I won't either, from my reading the cinch knots (SD Jam, Uni etc) have like 90%+ knot strength...the Palomar was under 30% I believe. That has me sold aleady.

Upvote 0

Latest posts