fishsmith

Captain
May 16, 2008
murrieta/ca/usa
Name
Jim
Boat
21' Proline "MarLinz"
With the great fishing this year, it has certainly brought out lots of people that have never or rarely fished before. These noobs have an unreasonable expectation of catching fish when they pay $. Part of the entitlement generation perhaps? It's funny the unending trail of boat bashing threads. I wonder if the captains sit around and bitch about their customers (NO they don't). Can't wait to see what these knuckleheads whine about next year when they find out they have to travel at least 100 miles for a tuna. To the new guys: try not to treat a fishing trip like a trip to the car mechanic with guaranteed results. Before I bought my boats, I enjoyed fishing with both Ernie and Booger. I have caught tuna on both 5 years ago, they are both great boats imho. Ernie's is less crowded because of its location (MB) and less well known.

Upvote 0

Jigslinger

Fishing is an incurable disease
Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, CA
Name
Greg
Boat
Big ones with hot burgers and cold drinks
That reason is they're the best kept secret down there and I'd like to keep it that way.

Not even close. When the season is hot like this of course all boats will sell out. High tide floats all boats. Come back in Jan-April when they're trying to get off the dock and can't due to lack of interest. Not even advertisement posts on BD helped.

I'm not knocking them by any means. I'm simply saying the San Diego is a better boat to fish on. Especially early in the year when the bigger yellows show up.

Upvote 0

CrazyDonkey

Sep 4, 2014
Name
Ian
Boat
Linda Vista
That would be Stinger........he's a bad ass filipino dude and you should have brought your complaints to him so he could shove your coffee grinder up your ass. The guy is a legend in the fleet and you should feel honored to fish with him while he's still around. You donkey.
Why should I feel honored when he can't even manage the crew? A couple other people told me that they has similar experiences with him driving so I'm not alone. And since you want to be such a bad ass how about you go fuck yourself?

Upvote 0

Delta Mike

You like soup?
Feb 18, 2013
Cleveland/Steubenville/Yuma
www.semperfidelis.com
Name
Darren
Boat
"I wish"
That would be Stinger........he's a bad ass filipino dude and you should have brought your complaints to him so he could shove your coffee grinder up your ass. The guy is a legend in the fleet and you should feel honored to fish with him while he's still around. You donkey.
When is the wedding amongst yourself and Stinger? o_O

Reactions: alex88 and makairaa
Upvote 0

CrazyDonkey

Sep 4, 2014
Name
Ian
Boat
Linda Vista
Thank you for your service.

Thanks for the review of your experience.
You're welcome, it's my pleasure.

You're welcome. I just talk to a lot of people that have bad experiences but nothing is ever posted and when it does people shit on it like this thread. If I have an experience I post it, good and bad. I even posted parts where I thought this boat had an advantage over my regular boat.

If you love this boat and all it's legends then more power to you, I had an experience and I posted it, if you don't like it then it's fine with me. If you agree with it or just some of it then that is fine too.

Upvote 0

CrazyDonkey

Sep 4, 2014
Name
Ian
Boat
Linda Vista
With the great fishing this year, it has certainly brought out lots of people that have never or rarely fished before. These noobs have an unreasonable expectation of catching fish when they pay $. Part of the entitlement generation perhaps? It's funny the unending trail of boat bashing threads. I wonder if the captains sit around and bitch about their customers (NO they don't). Can't wait to see what these knuckleheads whine about next year when they find out they have to travel at least 100 miles for a tuna. To the new guys: try not to treat a fishing trip like a trip to the car mechanic with guaranteed results. Before I bought my boats, I enjoyed fishing with both Ernie and Booger. I have caught tuna on both 5 years ago, they are both great boats imho. Ernie's is less crowded because of its location (MB) and less well known.
I agree that it has been especially bad this year. I cringed when I saw the Chubasco put up spots on Groupon because I knew what would come out. But eachtime I went out the crew did their job and it worked out great. And I do get that crews get burnt out in a season like this but it is also their job and it should be treated as such.

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
If the deckhand didn't unhook my fish for me ,that would certainly be a deal breaker:hali_parkutuli:
man' on my last two Trip's I had to bag most of my fish' it's because the deck hand's and CAPITAN WHERE TO BIZZY GAFFING OTHER GUY'S FISH ' THAT'S a GOOD PROBLEM TO HAVE..........

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
Oct 20, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Brandon
Boat
Sportboat
Why should I feel honored when he can't even manage the crew? A couple other people told me that they has similar experiences with him driving so I'm not alone. And since you want to be such a bad ass how about you go fuck yourself?

I fuck myself twice a day. Usually in the morning when I shower and then at night before I sleep (try to shoot it over my shoulder and hit the wall).

Look Stinger isn't the friendliest guy in the fleet, but he makes up for it in experience. Unlike yourself obviously.

Reactions: HeavyDrag
Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
Oct 20, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Brandon
Boat
Sportboat
When is the wedding amongst yourself and Stinger? o_O

No wedding. But the guy did teach me how to fish the surface iron, and I've shared a duck blind with him on countless occasions. He's a good dude, and killed more fish then many many bloodydonkers combined.

Upvote 0

CrazyDonkey

Sep 4, 2014
Name
Ian
Boat
Linda Vista
If the deckhand didn't unhook my fish for me ,that would certainly be a deal breaker:hali_parkutuli:
I don't mind unhooking and bagging/numbering my fish at all. What I do mind is him grab the fish while i swing it over the rail and start on the hook...then drop the fish without unhooking while I'm in free spool and giving me a backlash. Better way to handle it would have been to not touch it when I tried to call you off or telling me to hold on while you go handle something else.

Upvote 0

CrazyDonkey

Sep 4, 2014
Name
Ian
Boat
Linda Vista
20-30lb yellowtail... I think maybe you are referring to yellowfin? Either way, not sure the boat critique was needed...
No, I was talking about yellowtail, I know the difference. Why wasn't it needed? Are we not allowed to post about bad expereinces and our opinions? Are only praises allowed to be sang?

Upvote 0

OIF VET

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 26, 2010
North OC
Name
Brian
Boat
nope
Hey donkey can you please do me a favor? Stay the fuck off the San Diego. Especially in the spring when it's hard enough to get on the boat when every jig slinger wants a spot. I don't want to fish next to that donkey slinger.

Upvote 0

Jigslinger

Fishing is an incurable disease
Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, CA
Name
Greg
Boat
Big ones with hot burgers and cold drinks
I don't mind unhooking and bagging/numbering my fish at all. What I do mind is him grab the fish while i swing it over the rail and start on the hook...then drop the fish without unhooking while I'm in free spool and giving me a backlash. Better way to handle it would have been to not touch it when I tried to call you off or telling me to hold on while you go handle something else.

You really backlashed because of that??? Makes sense now...

Upvote 0

OIF VET

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 26, 2010
North OC
Name
Brian
Boat
nope
I guess this thread backfired didn't it. As in your words I'm not talking shit but I am. Hahahah see ya later.

Upvote 0

CrazyDonkey

Sep 4, 2014
Name
Ian
Boat
Linda Vista
Hey donkey can you please do me a favor? Stay the fuck off the San Diego. Especially in the spring when it's hard enough to get on the boat when every jig slinger wants a spot. I don't want to fish next to that donkey slinger.
Well I probably will due to my experience, your comments won't be taken into consideration if the group I went with asks me to go again though.

Upvote 0

CrazyDonkey

Sep 4, 2014
Name
Ian
Boat
Linda Vista
You really backlashed because of that??? Makes sense now...
Yes, I didn't have my thumb on the spool because the fish was in handwith slack line out, there was no reason to have my thumb on it. If i'm un-hooking my fish I let out some slack and then put it in gear, most deckhands I have delt with want slack and freespool, he asked for freespool like most so I did so.

I guess this thread backfired didn't it. As in your words I'm not talking shit but I am. Hahahah see ya later.
No, I pretty much figured this would be the response here but I posted it anyways. It was more well received on two other forums I frequent.

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
Oct 20, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Brandon
Boat
Sportboat
Yes, I didn't have my thumb on the spool because the fish was in handwith slack line out, there was no reason to have my thumb on it. If i'm un-hooking my fish I let out some slack and then put it in gear, most deckhands I have delt with want slack and freespool, he asked for freespool like most so I did so.

No, I pretty much figured this would be the response here but I posted it anyways. It was more well received on two other forums I frequent.

So you put up the same thread on three different forums? Geezus Krist do you have a fucking life??

Upvote 0

hawkplayer32

GOOD DEAL
Aug 6, 2012
Valencia, CA
Name
Anthony Hicks
Boat
Good Deal
No, I was talking about yellowtail, I know the difference. Why wasn't it needed? Are we not allowed to post about bad expereinces and our opinions? Are only praises allowed to be sang?
I think you might be the only person in SD catching 20-30 lb yt, as most fish are rat size to 15lbs.

The San Diego is a great boat, but like ALL boats it has some flaws. You should do more fishing and less thinking next time.

Upvote 0

CrazyDonkey

Sep 4, 2014
Name
Ian
Boat
Linda Vista
So you put up the same thread on three different forums? Geezus Krist do you have a fucking life??
For reports? Yes I do. Some people actually read the reports for experiences and information. There are a few members that frequent the same forums as I do for the same reason. It's also not hard to copy and paste words.

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
Oct 20, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Brandon
Boat
Sportboat
For reports? Yes I do. Some people actually read the reports for experiences and information. There are a few members that frequent the same forums as I do for the same reason. It's also not hard to copy and paste words.For reports? Yes I do. Some people actually read the reports for experiences and information. There are a few members that frequent the same forums as I do for the same reason. It's also not hard to copy and paste words.For reports? Yes I do. Some people actually read the reports for experiences and information. There are a few members that frequent the same forums as I do for the same reason. It's also not hard to copy and paste wFor reports? Yes I do. Some people actually read the reports for experiences and information. There are a few members that frequent the same forums as I do for the same reason. It's also not hard to copy and paste words.ords.For reports? Yes I do. Some people actually read the reports for experiences and information. There are a few members that frequent the same forums as I do for the same reason. It's also not hard to copy and paste words.For reports? Yes I do. Some people actually read the reports for experiences and information. There are a few members that frequent the same forums as I do for the same reason. It's also not hard to copy and paste words.

Your right it's not. I'M GOING TO YELL NOW YOU MUST BE A VERY LONELY INDIVIDUAL TO POST THE SAME EXACT THING ON THREE DIFFERENT FORUMS. GOD FORBID YOU CATCH A FISH YOU'D HAVE TO GET INTERNET HANDJOBS ON THREE DIFFERENT FORUMS.

For reports? Yes I do. Some people actually read the reports for experiences and information. There are a few members that frequent the same forums as I do for the same reason. It's also not hard to copy and paste words.For reports? Yes I do. Some people actually read the reports for experiences and information. There are a few members that frequent the same forums as I do for the same reason. It's also not hard to copy and paste words.For reports? Yes I do. Some people actually read the reports for experiences and information. There are a few members that frequent the same forums as I do for the same reason. It's also not hard to copy and paste words.For reports? Yes I do. Some people actually read the reports for experiences and information. There are a few members that frequent the same forums as I do for the same reason. It's also not hard to copy and paste words.

Reactions: pacificscout
Upvote 0

makairaa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
I think you might be the only person in SD catching 20-30 lb yt, as most fish are rat size to 15lbs.

The San Diego is a great boat, but like ALL boats it has some flaws. You should do more fishing and less thinking next time.

Dont look at the la jolla reports right now then.

Upvote 0