gnehekul

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Mar 23, 2012
los angeles
Name
Fishead
Boat
cash carrying ho
Some people have told me that I shouldn't compare the Chubasco because it's a private owned boat and the San Diego isn't, I can kind of see their point but at the same time I can't because they're both based on catching fish and customer service.

do you compare two companies differently if they are in the same business and one is publicly traded and the other one isn't?

Upvote 0

CrazyDonkey

Sep 4, 2014
Name
Ian
Boat
Linda Vista
do you compare two companies differently if they are in the same business and one is publicly traded and the other one isn't?
While I don't know about publicly traded but I do copmpare bigger to smaller. Take for instance 7-11 compared to the local liqour store, they provide the same business, one is a chain and one is a single store.

Upvote 0

finishright

May 17, 2008
Oceanside Ca.
Name
Mike Morris
Boat
prowler kayak
sorry I could not get thru the whining and dribble so I didn't read it all buy your own boat and go fish or stay on your favorite boat where your a star
foot note: fishing this year is off the charts and good boats captain and crew have been working their asses off with no days off and very little sleep and like all humans they will have good days and bad days gee if could even happen on your favorite boat might want to deep that in mind!!

Reactions: dweston
Upvote 0

gnehekul

Mar 23, 2012
los angeles
Name
Fishead
Boat
cash carrying ho
While I don't know about publicly traded but I do copmpare bigger to smaller. Take for instance 7-11 compared to the local liqour store, they provide the same business, one is a chain and one is a single store.
so mcdonalds (publicaly traded) vs in and out (privately held)?

which model do you expect better service? btw not attacking you just wondering

Upvote 0

CrazyDonkey

Sep 4, 2014
Name
Ian
Boat
Linda Vista
so mcdonalds (publicaly traded) vs in and out (privately held)?

which model do you expect better service? btw not attacking you just wondering
I expect them to have the same service, they are both a business in the same field.

Upvote 0

CrazyDonkey

Sep 4, 2014
Name
Ian
Boat
Linda Vista
sorry I could not get thru the whining and dribble so I didn't read it all buy your own boat and go fish or stay on your favorite boat where your a star
foot note: fishing this year is off the charts and good boats captain and crew have been working their asses off with no days off and very little sleep and like all humans they will have good days and bad days gee if could even happen on your favorite boat might want to deep that in mind!!
I am not a star, that's the point. Everyone on my normal boat get's treated the same, new to seasoned. I fish my normal boat 2 times a month mostly and have not seen the service change, it's always been the same. Last time a deckhand showed up late (not late for the boat but late for crew) showtime and almost caused us to be late, he was chewed out by the owner and the skipper. Especially about the point that customers had paid money to leave at a certain time, not when he wanted to show up.

Upvote 0

Jigslinger

Fishing is an incurable disease
Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, CA
Name
Greg
Boat
Big ones with hot burgers and cold drinks
There's a reason why the San Diego has enough clientele to run everyday year round while your favorite boat (I also like them btw) doesn't.

Upvote 0

gnehekul

Mar 23, 2012
los angeles
Name
Fishead
Boat
cash carrying ho
I expect them to have the same service, they are both a business in the same field.
so all boats should have same service then right? ie all 3/4 all the 1/2 days vs 1/2s etc
not sure why people hold some to a higher standard other than people have personal relationships with the boats/crew they like and will crap on anyone who believes otherwise?

Upvote 0

CrazyDonkey

Sep 4, 2014
Name
Ian
Boat
Linda Vista
so all boats should have same service then right? ie all 3/4 all the 1/2 days vs 1/2s etc
not sure why people hold some to a higher standard other than people have personal relationships with the boats/crew they like and will crap on anyone who believes otherwise?
Yes, that is what I believe.

Upvote 0

CrazyDonkey

Sep 4, 2014
Name
Ian
Boat
Linda Vista
There's a reason why the San Diego has enough clientele to run everyday year round while your favorite boat (I also like them btw) doesn't.
That could very well be true, I haven't lived in San Diego for a full year since 2002 so I'm not sure how it's ran outside of when I started fishing this year which was March I believe, has been sold out since then.

Upvote 0

24pack

Oct 3, 2007
chula vista
Name
chris S.
Boat
2014 Proline 23sport
I would like to start by saying that I understand that you are entitled to your own opinion. I have fished the San Diego at least 6 times this year it is by far one of the best operations around. They have a young Pin head (Nick) he does fine, kind of Goofy funny too. The rest of the crew is helpful.
Here is where you made the first mistake, you assumed it was going to be an offshore trip so you brought light tackle 20-25lb line. When you YoYo fish at the island 40lb is what you want 99% of the time and it would have helped you land some of the big yellows you missed.
When a boat fishes 51 guys its gonna be a cluster-F , the crew will do there best to help , its unfortunate that some idiot passenger decided to cut your line. Kudos to you for not knocking his A.. out.
One thing you mentioned is the salt water brine system to keep your fish catch fresh, cant understand why some 3/4 day boats do not have this system and never riding on the Chubasco I dont know if they do , but its almost senseless to catch fish and have it decay in the hot sun on the deck. Another big reason I fish the San Diego.

Upvote 0

CrazyDonkey

Sep 4, 2014
Name
Ian
Boat
Linda Vista
Also, I just found out that the captain for the day is not the captain that runs it Tuesday-Saturday, the people I asked said that it's a different boat when the normal Captain/Owner(I think he owns it) is running it so this could have been why.

Upvote 0

Simon Bon Bowery

Lizard Fish Hippie
Feb 18, 2007
O'side
Name
Simon
Boat
Chris Craft 19 cc "LiL Lizard"

Upvote 0

24pack

Oct 3, 2007
chula vista
Name
chris S.
Boat
2014 Proline 23sport
Also, I just found out that the captain for the day is not the captain that runs it Tuesday-Saturday, the people I asked said that it's a different boat when the normal Captain/Owner(I think he owns it) is running it so this could have been why.
Booger?Ryan the Capitan just had a child . Probably not getting much sleep....

Upvote 0

CrazyDonkey

Sep 4, 2014
Name
Ian
Boat
Linda Vista
I would like to start by saying that I understand that you are entitled to your own opinion. I have fished the San Diego at least 6 times this year it is by far one of the best operations around. They have a young Pin head (Nick) he does fine, kind of Goofy funny too. The rest of the crew is helpful.
Here is where you made the first mistake, you assumed it was going to be an offshore trip so you brought light tackle 20-25lb line. When you YoYo fish at the island 40lb is what you want 99% of the time and it would have helped you land some of the big yellows you missed.
When a boat fishes 51 guys its gonna be a cluster-F , the crew will do there best to help , its unfortunate that some idiot passenger decided to cut your line. Kudos to you for not knocking his A.. out.
One thing you mentioned is the salt water brine system to keep your fish catch fresh, cant understand why some 3/4 day boats do not have this system and never riding on the Chubasco I dont know if they do , but its almost senseless to catch fish and have it decay in the hot sun on the deck. Another big reason I fish the San Diego.
Thank you for the non-agressive response. I didn't get the names of the deck hands but the tall dude with blond hair was pretty good and always went for a head gaff, he also cleaned the fish and he was really awesome at that.

Yes, that was my mistake, the group told me that we were going off shore so that as what I brought, the people who did YoYo were catching a good amount of fish but fly lined sardines were around the same pace. I do believe I would have had way more fish on the deck if I had been YoYoing, no doubt about it. 3 in my group were and they were hooked almost everytime I saw them.

The Chubasco does not have this system and I really wish they did (I think I mentioned this in the original post, if not then my mistake) and it is a shame. They do have a tank around the bags that constantly run water and fish sit in there as well as the ice cooler.

Upvote 0

CrazyDonkey

Sep 4, 2014
Name
Ian
Boat
Linda Vista
you started fishing THIS year ---- 2014?
No, I have been fishing, I just have not lived in San Diego since 2002 for a full year. I joined the military and when I came home on leave I would fish. I moved back full time at the end of 2013 and started fishing the boats in March after my move. Prior to moving back I would fish out here about 6 times a year? And I also fished on boats where ever I was stationed. I am by no means a a great fisherman, I would be hard pressed to rate myself over average but I do know what is supposed to happen on the rail.

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
Oct 20, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Brandon
Boat
Sportboat
I think his name started with an S? It sounded like a nickname though.

That would be Stinger........he's a bad ass filipino dude and you should have brought your complaints to him so he could shove your coffee grinder up your ass. The guy is a legend in the fleet and you should feel honored to fish with him while he's still around. You donkey.

Upvote 0

Noah & Scoot

Wishin I Was Fishin
  • Dec 15, 2008
    Menifee
    Name
    Scoot
    Boat
    18’ CC Baja
    That would be Stinger........he's a bad ass filipino dude and you should have brought your complaints to him so he could shove your coffee grinder up your ass. The guy is a legend in the fleet and you should feel honored to fish with him while he's still around. You donkey.
    Here we go!!

Reactions: rile-b-fishn
    Upvote 0