vegasandre

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 20, 2010
San Diego
Name
Andre
Boat
Any Boat that I can go on
Today's fish count. May be highest in 3/4 day history. 38 anglers. If someone was on this trip pleas post report. hopefully this can end that thread below which has gotten out of hand

Reactions: Evan Feely
Upvote 0

Evan Feely

Nov 19, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
Name
Evan Feely
Boat
N/A
I saw that. It's outstanding and kinda unprecedented! Really do wish I was on that trip. People must have figured out how to work together really well and that's a beautiful fuckin thing. Bet the crew was stoked to see that as well.

Upvote 0

sickcat

Silverback
Aug 5, 2003
LA
Name
Kerry
Boat
Yellow spot
I saw that. It's outstanding and kinda unprecedented! Really do wish I was on that trip. People must have figured out how to work together really well and that's a beautiful fuckin thing. Bet the crew was stoked to see that as well.

Bet they stopped being stoked when it came time to clean em!!

Reactions: 432568
Upvote 0

kuyamonster

I only wishes to catch some fishes...
May 14, 2009
San Diego/Tacoma USA
Name
Marcel
Boat
Limited load cattle car
They'll earn their keep @ $5-7 per fish for sure. (Do the math) Now who was it that was bagging on this boat just the other day? Haven't been on her for a while but I have great fishing memories of when Johnny was the captain and Booger was a greenhorn pinhead...Great 3/4 day!

Reactions: ZHALVAJE and ckster
Upvote 0

Choonaguy

Nov 17, 2010
Long Beach
Name
Joe Kane
Boat
none
They must've got smart and had 38 people throwing the 30-80lb gear for those footballs and basically lift polling them in

Upvote 0

mholtel

Mike x 5
Dec 7, 2004
Somewhere n Vista
Name
mikey
Boat
Blackman 23, 20 Skipjack, 15 Valco westcoaster
The boat San Diego is doing what they have always been doing. Putting their customer's on the fish by working very hard at it. They keep moving and searching out those few awesome patties.
The skipper or boat doesnt choose the grade of fish they run into and their anglers are not going to throw anything back for the sharks.
Keep up the hard work.
Monitor ch. 16
Find your own fish
Enjoy plenty of beer with friends

Upvote 0

makairaa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
If fish counts are the only thing you use to decide if a boat is good or not, then the thunderbird must be pretty good.

Upvote 0

cioppino

Dec 16, 2005
San Diego
Name
Dave
Boat
FORTUNA -- Parker 2510 XLD
The captain really should have stopped the passengers from catching so many tuna and gone sand dab fishing to round out their day! Doesn't he know the passengers caught more than they know what to do with? LOL

Anyone on this trip!?!?

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
The captain really should have stopped the passengers from catching so many tuna and gone sand dab fishing to round out their day! Doesn't he know the passengers caught more than they know what to do with? LOL

Anyone on this trip!?!?
man A lot of people must have gotten man having to bag or tag there own fish!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Otto

Aug 1, 2008
San Diego
Name
Floyd - Guy from Repo Man
Boat
19 SeaPro
If fish counts are the only thing you use to decide if a boat is good or not, then the thunderbird must be pretty good.

I bet the Thunderbird leaves you at the dock and goes with the higher paying fare.

Upvote 0
P

Paddyman1

Can you even filet that many fish in 3/4 of a day ? Damn ! Deckhands probably had oil for blood .:_diarrhea_:
Good question. 375 fish to filet on the way back from a 3/4 must have been brutal, but revenue must have been sweet. This season must have brought serious dividends to all the boats/landings.

Upvote 0

Pgnracr

Sep 3, 2014
HB
Name
Jeff
Boat
Line up
Sure. I was one of two deckhands in the eighties when we cleaned over a thousand mixed tuna. That's cleaned. Had three hours to do. We got done. Ask Andy Cates how many he cleaned on the way in on his dads boat New Lo-An it's like 1100 mixed tuna. mostly on his own. When you cut daily for a living. You can slay some fish. Give props to these crew members. Most treat customers well!!!

Reactions: ZHALVAJE
Upvote 0

Steel Leader

Liquid Therapy
Aug 29, 2005
san diego
www.facebook.com
Name
marcus
Boat
27' seastar flybridge diesel
They went north, stayed in US waters the whole day. Limits would be 10 yf per person

US limits on rat yellows is 5 fish, your only allowed to keep 10 yellowtail if 5 of them measure at or greater than 28" with the current stock of yt we have right now (1 yr olds) I doubt they were over 28" (three year old) YFT, 10 fish any size in us waters. So they are good to go.

Upvote 0

I hate seals

Advertiser
Advertiser
Aug 24, 2004
SD
Name
Bryan Z
Boat
36' Hatteras
24" not 28" on the YT.

Upvote 0

Paul Ward

Jul 17, 2007
Costa Mesa
Name
wooddog
Boat
Boaty
Yeah yeah nice haul. But did they drop any fish on deck causing backlashes for their passengers?
my real goes to free spool as soon as it is gaffed then thumb on the spool or clicker on. I've had fish fall off the gaff into the water and still land them because the reel is in free spool!

Upvote 0