San Blas Nayarit???

Junior6191

Dec 1, 2009
San Diego CA.
Name
Junior
Boat
none
Whats up Bloody Decks Fam. I need any info on fishing charters in San Blas Nayarit MX. Going down next May and I'm looking to take my 14 and 12 year old boys for some good fishing. I've fished once with Marlas but i don't know if there's anyone closer to where ill be staying. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Shimano Penn

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 3, 2014
Chula Vista
Name
David
Boat
Fond Memory
Danny Gomez, Lacruz
If you mean La Cruz de Huanacaxtle that is a pretty good hike from San Blas :eek: Of course there are a lot of places in Mexico know as "la cruz" :D

Junior, why San Blas? I did a lot of exploring over the summer and found Zihuatanejo to be pretty much the perfect spot. However I did not make it up to San Blas, I need to go check it out. Was there in maybe 1984 +/-, I'm sure it's different now.

John Argiso

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 15, 2015
Malibu / La Cruz Huanacaxtle
Name
john argiso
Boat
Boston Whaler Conquest 26
San Blas is nice, you'll have a great time. Man, May though is a long way from now. Typically the water cools a lil by then and it could be a lil green inshore. Isla Isabel is a good boat ride north, but there are nice amberjack to be had! Dorado are always in the mix and Snapper should be good then. And if your budget and time allow, its the closet spot to the Marias! ;)

Junior6191

Dec 1, 2009
San Diego CA.
Name
Junior
Boat
none
If you mean La Cruz de Huanacaxtle that is a pretty good hike from San Blas :eek: Of course there are a lot of places in Mexico know as "la cruz" :D

Junior, why San Blas? I did a lot of exploring over the summer and found Zihuatanejo to be pretty much the perfect spot. However I did not make it up to San Blas, I need to go check it out. Was there in maybe 1984 +/-, I'm sure it's different now.
Im headed to Tepic for my grandmothers 100th birthday. San Blas i believe is the closest fishing town and if im already gonna be over there, well, might as well do some fishin. And yes La Cruz de Huanacuaxtle is too far.

Junior6191

Dec 1, 2009
San Diego CA.
Name
Junior
Boat
none
San Blas is nice, you'll have a great time. Man, May though is a long way from now. Typically the water cools a lil by then and it could be a lil green inshore. Isla Isabel is a good boat ride north, but there are nice amberjack to be had! Dorado are always in the mix and Snapper should be good then. And if your budget and time allow, its the closet spot to the Marias! ;)
Do you know any charters out of San Blas?

Bullshipper

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 4, 2006
Yucaipa/San Carlos, Sonora
Name
Jeff
Boat
Prokat 26
Most tourists avoid San Blas because of the mosquitos.
It is a comercial Port as I remember with very few docks or decent places to stay. Pangas are what you'll find there if memory serves me right.

You go south and past the turn off to San Blas on your way to Tepic, which is the turn off to PV, right?

Reactions: stephen campbell

Junior6191

Dec 1, 2009
San Diego CA.
Name
Junior
Boat
none
Most tourists avoid San Blas because of the mosquitos.
It is a comercial Port as I remember with very few docks or decent places to stay. Pangas are what you'll find there if memory serves me right.

You go south and past the turn off to San Blas on your way to Tepic, which is the turn off to PV, right?
Not sure but ill be staying in Tepic. Thats why nearest place is San Blas.

stephen campbell

aka "Soup"
Jul 7, 2016
oro valley az
Name
Stephen Campbell
Boat
S/V Bluechablis Valiant 40
Up the river San Blas MX.jpg

We spent many fun times anchored up the river there. As mentioned above, if it wasn't for the je jenes (biting nats) it would be a paradise.

Reactions: Msz. B

JohnnieB

SelFishAddiction
May 16, 2016
HereandThere
Name
JB
Boat
Unknown limits

my bad, I didn't read it through:Beat_Them