KVH

Almost A Member
Mar 30, 2007
Laguna Niguel, CA
Name
Kurtis
Boat
Parker 2520
Headed down from OC Sunday morning, gentleman's start, got fuel, plenty of beer, and some bomb breakfast burritos (thanks E). Stopped to grab bait, and no sardines in SD Bay??, so we loaded up on anchovies and already had some frozen squid onboard.

Ran south to our spot at the Rockpile at 27kts, did a couple drifts for a mixed bag, but drift was a little quick, so ended up going to our main honey hole and setting up on the hook. Beautiful day on the water, had a steady pick of quality goats, lings, reds, etc. Kept plenty to eat for the 4 of us, and sent twice as many back for another day. 27kts on the way home, back in the slip by 2:15. Gotta love So Cal winters!

FYI - Mexican Navy did a drive-by at about 20kts from about 150 yards away when we had set up on our first drift of the morning, and we never saw them again.

--Kurtis Out

Couple pics:
image (2).jpeg
image.jpeg

Upvote 0

KVH

Almost A Member
Mar 30, 2007
Laguna Niguel, CA
Name
Kurtis
Boat
Parker 2520
Nice work! I think were in the same marina! Are you at Sunroad?

Hey Brandon, absolutely. We're on B dock. How about you? I'm always a fan of your videos and reports, would be great to catch up on the dock sometime and check out the Lucky B if possible.

Cheers, Kurtis

Upvote 0

30lbbg2299

Pinhead
Mar 17, 2012
San Diego
Name
Ben
Boat
Creek co tube.
thats sweet!! probably wouldve done better on the lings with those dines but still thats an impressive report. I think im gonna hit it up this weekend, not super bowl sunday of course.

Upvote 0

Tunaslam

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Apr 25, 2003
Diamond Bar, Ca 91765
Name
Cory Visser
Boat
N/A
Wow, what a great bunch of quality fish Kurt, congrats all around. Hope to join you sometime?

Upvote 0

bus kid

rebmem nwonk llew
Feb 8, 2009
www.spacex.com
Name
David
Boat
Skipjack 20 open
nice sized sheep.

Upvote 0