Same Old Shit

Discussion in 'Boating Discussion' started by Diamond Jim, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Diamond Jim

Diamond Jim Newbie

Name:
    Jim Folk
    Boat:
    28 Skipjack Pilot House
    My thoughts of going fishing went to shit.Last week. Thought the boat was OK to run, as we changed the Injector pump for the forth time. Hell no, still will not run a slow speed.

Brent Smith RINCON Volvo dealer, back on the job. Put new regulator in pump NO GO. Talked to his boss and Volvo. Now take the pump off the good engine and try it, we then can tell if it's the pump or engine. The engine run just fine high and Low speeds. Thats good for me as it's not the ENGINE and the pump is the responsibility of RINCON.

He took the pump back to the shop and I'm waiting for the next step in this on going problem.

The one thing that has worked out for me is that Rincon is standing buy me on this project.

Maybe I'll get it fixed by summer.:lux: :lux: :lux: :lux:

2. jeffzou

jeffzou Go ROYALS!

Name:
    Jeff
    Boat:
    Formerly the glorious "Two Kinds O' Pie"
    Holy smoke Jim...still!

Good luck getting that thing running reliably by spring time!

Jeff

3. tylerderdan

tylerderdan Stay classy San diego

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    215cc triumph "Unforgiven"
    Damn Jim that sucks! I hope it all works out soon.

4. Kurt

Kurt Mistadobalina

Name:
    Kurt
    Boat:
    %%%%%
    Damn, what a pain in the ass! Least its not your $ this time.

5. SB14

SB14 Pescador

Name:
    Scott Brown
    Boat:
    12' Valco "mini polaris"
    Jim,

If the fuel injection pump on your Volvo is a Bosch VE type pump check the following, The inlet banjo bolt (fuel line bolt) to the pump should have a large hole drilled through it, the return banjo bolt should have 1 small 1mm hole. I have seen numerous times when the bolts have been switched or the correct return bolt was not used. Secondly, does the engine start easily and is there smoke when the engine is running? is yes, what color is the smoke? I assume that you are using a dial indicator to install the pump for the correct timing. Check the return fuel for signs of air when the engine is running as these pumps can suck air through the drive shaft seal. A good fuel injection technician will run a suction test on the test stand and make sure the pump meets the vacuum test. There are a couple of internal timing settings when the pump is being built (static plunger shim setting and cam plate to drive shaft timing) that if not performed correctly will cause problems that an inexperienced (or lazy) pump technician will not detect on the test stand. The injection pump also has an internal vane pump to create higher charging pressure, if it is installed incorrectly problems similar to yours may occur. I am no longer in the fuel injection pump business, but I have contacts that may be able to help if need be.

Regards,

Scott

6. Diamond Jim

Diamond Jim Newbie

Name:
    Jim Folk
    Boat:
    28 Skipjack Pilot House
    Thanks Scott. Brent Smith is the mechanic that is working on it. He has been in the game for a long time, But I am going to copy your remark and send it to him.

The pump has been in three shops one by me and the other ones by rencon, I'm not sure who they use but as the ball is in there Court now I'll let them play it any way they won't to. I just won't to go fishing.

I am aware of the large and small hole in the fuel lines. But as for as the inside working of the pump it's way out of my league.
    dj

7. KC Kevin

KC Kevin Go Chiefs!

Name:
    ummm....
    Boat:
    26 Proline WAC
    What a pain in the ASS. Very sorry Jim. This isn't gettin' it done. Tell you what. Sell your boat to Jeffzou (he's cheap so it will have to be for about a grand or less) and give him the slip with it. No more headaches! LOL