Wade K in deep

IFish4Sanity&SelectivelyHarvest
  • Sep 24, 2019
    Mariposa, CA
    Name
    Wade Knupp
    Boat
    Kayak & Kickboat
    I was thinking about making up some saltwater sized blade baits out of some scrap metal. I was thinking of up-sizing a Silver Buddy to the 6 to 8" range. Has anyone tried this? Did Ling Cod respond to them or ...?

Upvote 0

stonefly

Apr 21, 2007
    sacramento, ca.
    Name
    randy welsh
    Boat
    16' mirrocraft
    Guess no one was.

I am now but in a 3/8ths oz. version for trout,
    curious to see if they like them compared to the standard stream fare of spinners and spoons.

They are every bit as easy to make as the you tube videos show and i'm using old copper drain pipe I opened up with tin snips as body material.

One shortcut is instead of using an egg sinker for the belly use a rubber core sinker. strip out the rubber and both save the hacksaw work and end up with a straighter result.

Reactions: robn
    Upvote 0

Wade K in deep

IFish4Sanity&SelectivelyHarvest
  • Sep 24, 2019
    Mariposa, CA
    Name
    Wade Knupp
    Boat
    Kayak & Kickboat
    Thanks for the idea of the rubber core sinkers. I have been using AC duct for the metal and a wood mold to pour my own lead. The molten lead burns the mold unevenly so I wind up with ever heavier baits that have to be sanded/dremmeled to what I want. Not as bad as it sounds but still a pain. I test them in a buddy's pool until they seem right. Haven't caught much with them yet, but only have made 1 trip to the coast since I started.

Upvote 0

Mtnfshr

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Nov 20, 2011
    Thornton
    Name
    Chuck Mc
    Boat
    none
    I believe it's possible. Don't take it as gospel. I mean if people can torch bud in silicone pipes with flamethrower lighters, it's a possibility.

Upvote 0