ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
Didn't you just post an an 8 year old thread that the fish are back?......WTF young man?......now your asking what's going on out there......That other guy is going to be pissed that you didn't know what your talking about.......:rofl:......

Fishing SALTON SEA...
Katana

Upvote 0

makohunterz

I'm that one guy
Jul 18, 2008
hemet
Name
markis
Boat
eventually gonna get one named "MakoHunterz"
Didn't you just post an an 8 year old thread that the fish are back?......WTF young man?......now your asking what's going on out there......That other guy is going to be pissed that you didn't know what your talking about.......:rofl:......

Fishing SALTON SEA...
Katana

well i DID know what was goin on, then got lost and havent been back in a few weeks, but u gotta admit its still been way better than what they were talkin about back then

Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
You should go fish there and then give us a report.

Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff

Fishing SALTON SEA...
Katana

Yo SANCHO :rofl: Who ya back doorin now :rofl:

Upvote 0

penn25

Feb 8, 2012
Hawaii but grew up in Southern California
Name
Paul
Boat
Lucky Dog (retired)
I was there a few years ago and the place looked terrible, smelled like a sewer settlement pond. What is it like now both water quality and fish life. I grew up in Southern California and in my youth (the dark ages) it and so many other places were awesome. No time to reminisce as we'll be here all night LOL.

Upvote 0

Swarthy Dago

Coredor de las olas
Aug 20, 2008
USA
Name
My name is Nobody
Boat
n/a
Markis I can't believe you would actually go there but what the heck, might be fun right ? Bring a boat load of water with ya ! Cuz its a bitch to break down in Indio or wtf where eversville out there. I bet you cancel now.

Upvote 0

msweetman1

Feb 22, 2012
Sun City
Name
Mike
Boat
None
I believe there is a public park at Salton City. Go there and fish off the rock fingers. Loaded with talapia. The following is report from Matthews Report from July 25th.

LOWER DESERT WATERS
SALTON SEA: The hot weather has continued to hamper fishing with temperatures topping 100 most days. A few braving the heat are getting mostly small tilapia (half-pound and under) with few better quality fish showing now. The best bite is still on nightcrawler pieces early in the morning at the State Park headquarters and the free fishing jetty at the refurbished Salton Sea Yacht Club. Information: Visitor Center (open Friday through Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.) at 760-393-3810, Salton Sea State Recreation Area main office at 760-393-3059, or the ranger station kiosk at 760-393-3052 (or mobile phone at 760-331-9944).

Upvote 0
May 18, 2005
San Diego, College Area
Name
K.O.
Boat
17' Boston Whaler "Yahoo Boy"
I take it you're trying to make sure the family never comes on another trip with you again, because if you took me to a smelly, hot, sandy and dusty place in the middle of the blazing hot summer where I dared not to get in the water with all the the dead birds floating around, and bony fish no bigger than my palm, I'd never go with ya on a roady again.

but that's just my .o2

Upvote 0

makohunterz

I'm that one guy
Jul 18, 2008
hemet
Name
markis
Boat
eventually gonna get one named "MakoHunterz"
i would agree with your guys' comments but i was there last month, no smell, no fish under half a pound, and filled two coolers before noon i was just curious if anyone had been out lately

Upvote 0

pimpintackle

Pimp of Tackle
May 19, 2005
San Diego
Name
Big Red
Boat
1986 Cabo 216 / 165 Hyrda-Sport / Scupper Classic
I agree with Kevin.

What did you fill these two coolers with?

pics.

Upvote 0

Swarthy Dago

Coredor de las olas
Aug 20, 2008
USA
Name
My name is Nobody
Boat
n/a
show me that brown disgusting water

Upvote 0