Dave's Delta

"No, we're not catching"
Apr 9, 2009
Auburn & Westport, WA.
Name
Dave
Boat
Looking for a Delta
Anybody got a damn good Salmon pickling recipe they care to share?

Upvote 0

Storm1

Almost A Member
Feb 4, 2008
Hansville, Wa
Name
Tom
Boat
24' North River OS "ALICE E"
Here's one from a buddy of mine. I've sampled plenty of his P/S and it's exellent, but have not had the chance to use the recipe myself.
This will brine about 10-12 lbs. fish you will need 1 gal GLASS jar with lid, Glass baking dish
this works well with Steelhead & Salmon
fillet the fish, cut off skin, and back fat, remove pin bones cut into bite size peaces
put into glass baking dish
mix and try to disolve 1c. CANNING salt & 2c. COLD water, pour over fish put in fridge for 24hrs drain and rinse end of step #1
clean your baking dish, put fish back in the dish, pour white vinegar to cover fish, put back in fridge for 24hrs, after 24hr soak drain don't rinse end of step #2
now heres the Pickling brine:
1 1/2c. PORT White Wine
1 Tbl spoon Pickling Spice
1/2c. Water
1 1/2c. Sugar
2c. White Vinegar

Boil the brine mix for 3-5min. cool put in fridge till the fish is done with step #2

Layer in Gal jar Sliced White Onion, Fish, Onion......ect till jar is full

pour cooled brine mix over fish and onions, put the lid on, put back into the fridge for 7 days or more, ENJOY!!!

Ya takes a week and it gets better if you let it go for longer too, this will be good for about 6 months in the jar. IT NEVER LASTED THAT LONG THO.....

***Don't use metal cake pan while brining the fish it will discolor the fish***

Upvote 0

Dave's Delta

"No, we're not catching"
Apr 9, 2009
Auburn & Westport, WA.
Name
Dave
Boat
Looking for a Delta
Thanks for the replies. Got the wife doing this. She said if you don't feel comfortable airing out an awesome family recipe, that you could pm it to me and she would guard it with her life.

Upvote 0