jake3759

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 8, 2011
So Cal
Name
Jake
Boat
WP
Just recently came across a salas that says 1x100. Just wondering if anyone has heard of this jig. I havent heard of it so im not really sure about it. Whats it used for? What fish do you target with this jig? Thanks

Normslanding

Oct 13, 2010
Palmetto, Fl., USA
Name
Dave Spangler
Boat
Blue Heaven
The 1x100 is a jig Dal Salas made a lot of in the 60's. It is a good slow Barracuda jig, and a slow free fall, that gets bit on the sink jig. Most were painted Blue and White, or Red and White. The 2x200 in Green and Yellow is one of the best Calico Bass jigs ever made. You let it sink deep medium wind and jerk the jig. The 2x200 original is a fat small jig, the newer version is smaller and more like a yoyo 4. Also there were two versions in the smaller 2x200 the ends of the jig can be very thin or a little thicker. The thin ones work better, but tend to break if they hit the deck hard. Sorry there is more info for the 2x but it is a very good jig. The 1x was sold a lot on the day boats due to size and more non-regular customers would buy them due to cost. The boats loved them because the Barracuda would bite them off.

jake3759

Dec 8, 2011
So Cal
Name
Jake
Boat
WP
Yeah, it's pretty small and kinda light. It's painted green Mack color. Does anyone know if it's worth anything or not?