Sailfish 19.8 Center Console/Yamaha 115 4 stroke-197 HRS/Heavy Duty Aluminum Trailer $15000. OBO

Big Bay Yachts
Status
Not open for further replies.

jim isbell

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 25, 2015
Anaheim, CA
Name
Jim Isbell
Boat
19' Campion/115 4 stroke Yamaha
Removing add temporarily, boat going in for service at the anaheim boat house

Hull and Engine, 2003
· Large fish or dry goods locker up front (A 40 inch Yellow Tail will fit in there)
· ALL hatches waterproofed —gaskets new and tight, seam line sealed. This is a dry bilge.
· Twin marine batteries moved from stern under deck to the helm and elevated. Not sure the age of the two batteries, but they look pretty new
· Bait tank at the center console (35 X 14 x 14 inches)
· Single near new bilge pump
· 90 degree shut off sea cock installed at the bait tank inflow—required on new boats today
· As new Bimini
· 10 rod holders
· As new Cooler/Seat with cushion installed just forward of the helm replacing smaller existing cooler—fits perfect, does not interfere with travel
· Standard swim step on the stern
· Anchor, rope and rode, new condition. (Has a bow pulpit with roller--but not yet attached)
· Gas tank: 50 gallons

Engine and Console
· 2003 Yamaha 115 4 stroke, low hours (197 hrs), Oil recently changed, new impeller, prop removed and inspected. Estimated mileage, 5mpg (I do not have a flow master on it)
· Dolphin on the cavitation plate
· Water/fuel filter added
· Speedometer, tachometer, engine hour gauge, trim indicator.
· Radio Standard Horizon, GPS Map Sounder model 178C ____

Trailer
· Heavy Duty Magic Trail Aluminum Single Axle trailer
. Spare tire mounted with tire cover
· New springs installed (less than one year old)
· New 2 X 6 bunks and carpet fitted to trailer, with monel marine staples-never rust
· “slicks” attached to the bunks—easy retrieve and launch
· As new tires and rims
· Guide rails installed on the bunks to center the boat on the trailer
· Centering guides installed at rear of trailer to guide boat into proper position
· LED light kit on the guide posts, sides, back and on the engine cavitation plate—looks like a Xmas tree going down the road

Condition/Performance notes: she is pretty quick, but could use fine tuning to insure stainless steel prop is correct pitch, the throttle cable is a little tight—might need replacement in near future, not sure. The bait tank is under the helm seats, 35 X 14 X 14 inches.

Price Note: I don't get tweaked by "low ball" offers--I'm not proud, and at the end of a month or so, I'll take what I can get--that's what any boat is worth--what you can get. Also, feel perfectly free to come by (Beach and Ball in Anaheim) to have a look--no problem, no obligation. Same if you want to drive it--or have it surveyed, or both. To the best of my knowledge and assessment on the water, it is pretty nice. I have fished Catalina and drove back in the afternoon AND towed it to the Sierra and fished Crowley, good all around boat and a nice looking total rig too.

DSCF2953.JPG DSCF2952.JPG DSCF2943.JPG DSCF2944.JPG DSCF2946.JPG DSCF2948.JPG DSCF2949.JPG DSCF2959.JPG DSCF2954.JPG DSCF2961.JPG unnamed.png

Last edited:
Reactions: rickg
Upvote 0

jim isbell

Jun 25, 2015
Anaheim, CA
Name
Jim Isbell
Boat
What is the year of hull and motor? Also, is that salt or wax around the cowl seal of the outboard?
I don't know how I missed that--the ad was updated just now with the year for both hull and engine, 2003. The glue you see was added as the rubber gasket was not sealed, so when I take the cowling off--which I do a lot for maintenance, I always had to re-align the rubber gasket. Added Gorilla glue--but now in fact, I have trimmed off the excess so that golden ring is no longer visible.

Upvote 0

jim isbell

Jun 25, 2015
Anaheim, CA
Name
Jim Isbell
Boat
Could you post a picture of the back? Interested in the deadrise of the boat. Thanks
Patrick, I'll take some more shots today, also forgot to mention the boat has an on board battery charger. One guy is looking at the boat in a few minutes, honestly if it sells I doubt I'll get to the photo--but if it does not sell, I'll try and get it done today

Upvote 0

GregorXr

Oct 5, 2012
Temecula
Name
Robin Boyer
Boat
Patients Boat!
I was saying price drop because i really want it hahahaha. Can you get a pretty slick skiff for 8 10k?

Upvote 0

jim isbell

Jun 25, 2015
Anaheim, CA
Name
Jim Isbell
Boat
I was saying price drop because i really want it hahahaha. Can you get a pretty slick skiff for 8 10k?
I know what you mean, I really do. If I change it to 14K, or best offer, it locks me in and with the amount of interest already shown (and two offers made) I am trying to leave it open ended. For 8-10K, yes, I do think you can find something nice. That's a lot of money, and in the used boat market, you can get a lot of boat. In my mind, the issue is trade-offs. I like to work on boats, and add things myself, in my mind you pay in two ways: cash, or your time. Either way, you pay. What you want to find, IMO, is an older hull, maintained beautifully, and a SOLID trailer and low hour, four stroke engine. If those three are solid, you can re-do wiring, you can add new bunks to the trailer, put in new batteries, change out, or add a water/fuel filter, engine filters, fluids, impellers, ad new electronics when the budget allows, and bit by bit, turn it into a great boat/motor/trailer. The ONE thing to watch out for, I think, is that the older hulls were not built to handle the weight of the four strokes--that's why you see so many that are not at the max HP for that hull. Example was that Parker we saw on this site a few months back--it had a 150, but I think that hull was rated to carry as much as a 225. But that was way too much weight. Same with my boat I'm listing here. It is a 115, but the hull is rated to 150 (range 90-150)-the largest this hull could handle--weight wise. It's plenty fast, but still, come guys want wide open haul ass. To put that max HP on the old hull, you can seriously overweight the transom--so watch out for that.

Upvote 0

jim isbell

Jun 25, 2015
Anaheim, CA
Name
Jim Isbell
Boat
Can yours handle more and what more things can be done to your boat
The problem I described with older hulls with four stroke engines can be handled two ways: one, use a four stroke either at the lower end of the range--up to midpoint of the range (which is what I have) two, go with the enhanced two strokes, like the Evinrude E Tec-2 stroke with similar pollution controls as the four strokes. In that way, you can get the lighter weight of the two stroke. I would imagine a new Etec might--I would have to get the specs, might be able to offer an engine with higher HP for my boat. But as I said, mine is as fast as I care to go anyway. What more can be done to my boat: tower, newer electronics, trailer brakes (the weight does NOT require brakes, but I think it is better), maybe 2 axle trailer. Again, this weight does not call for a 2 axle, but again, I think it is better. By the way, along that line, I have also just added, (in addition to the on board battery charger I forgot to mention in the advertisement), a spare tire carrier, spare tire, and Cabella's tire cover.
I'll add more pictures of all today

Upvote 0

jim isbell

Jun 25, 2015
Anaheim, CA
Name
Jim Isbell
Boat
Here are a few more pictures per various request: in the console to see the wiring drop down, the on board battery charger, under the boat for the look from stern forward, low at the stern to see the drainage and circulation ports, from the front to get some idea of the deadrise, the newly installed spare tire, and cover, and under the cowling shots of the engine.

DSCF2978.JPG DSCF2974.JPG DSCF2971.JPG DSCF2979.JPG DSCF2966.JPG DSCF2964.JPG DSCF2965.JPG DSCF2969.JPG DSCF2968.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

whoolybugger

Apr 27, 2016
Novato
Name
Dan Hixenbaugh
Boat
12 Gregor
Jim, nice boat and well taken care of. I was forwarded your boat because a good friend knows what I'm looking for, a clean well maintained.
Is it still available? I'm way up in the SF bay area and am interested.

Upvote 0

PACIFICPUNISHER

Biscuit Buster
Sep 4, 2009
So Cal
Name
Moondog
Boat
PARKER 2320 "HOTLINE"
I would not let deadrise keep you from buying a boat you like in this size range. If your interested I would take it for a spin
Imo That boat is to small to have any real issues with the deg of deadrise
Most skiffs in that size will be very similar in deadrise.

Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Tanner
Boat
1997 Proline 23 W/A
I ride one a friend's 17'er with very little deadrise and it really doesn't pound all that much. I prefer a less steep hull on small boats for stability anyways. A hull like this, with moderate deadrise and large chines will ride well, and be more stable in following seas.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

jim isbell

Jun 25, 2015
Anaheim, CA
Name
Jim Isbell
Boat
Jim, nice boat and well taken care of. I was forwarded your boat because a good friend knows what I'm looking for, a clean well maintained.
Is it still available? I'm way up in the SF bay area and am interested.
Hi Dan,
Yeah, it's available, but I have had two offers now, both below the asking price. As I said before, it is worth what I can get, not one dime more. But as it has only been listed for four days now, I am waiting to see if I can get the price I want, or at least closer to it then I have received thus far. As far as distance, I've been there, in fact just two weeks back, we drove to a small town in WA to buy the boat I have now, and the reason I'm letting my Sailfish go.
Feel free to ask for any additional info/pictures you may need, Jim

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.