I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 18, 2011
kent,wa
www.jamiesseptic.com
Name
jamie
Boat
nwj 218 lightning
Hope your Safeway is better than ours. Youngest daughter is a courtesy clerk. 8-10 hrs a week, most shifts end at 11:00 pm.

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
Apr 24, 2005
in the Hood
Name
Mike
Boat
Franks ho
Most good kids only need a door opened once, as they can usually build confidence to take them from one job to the next.
Good luck to him.

Reactions: TexMojoII

Genie Aye

FISH BOSS
Sep 25, 2008
Renton/ Westport
Name
Cap't Paul
Boat
V-20 Wellcraft w/200HO E-TEC
Looking for a job for my son. Good kid, I just need a open door to give him a chance. Thanks guys.
How old and what area does he want to work? Full time or part time?

Siv

May 8, 2008
Normandy Park Wa
Name
Dave
Boat
19' SeaSport
Starbucks is good if he can get in, benefits and decent wages for part time. Costco I another really good place to start. Many of the senior corporate people there started boxing the orders or picking up carts.

Reactions: FishPimpII

WaveDancer

Fishing The Pacific Ocean & Puget Sound Since 1969
Aug 26, 2008
Kitsap/Westport, WA
Name
Ken
Boat
Prowling for a Cat
Larry, if your son is good at following directions and has the ability to do physical types of work, lumber stores and feed stores are almost always looking for good kids that will show up on time, have the ability to throw a sack of feed or small bundle of 2x4's over their shoulder and then just get er done.

Bottom line is if he gets a chance, NEVER be late to work and always be available to work extra hours if needed with little or no notice.

Lastly, leave the cell phone in the car. Social distractions have gotten so bad with some youngsters he should be sure to make them wonder if he even owns a phone.

Good luck.

WD.

Reactions: Odin7 and troller w

4bruce

Dec 13, 2011
la
Name
Lee
Boat
goldfish
waiter it a good start. make much more than work in costco , trader joe, or any supermarket. tips baby.

KimH

Someday I'll live the dream.
Mar 4, 2009
Tacoma/Westport WA/USA
Name
Kim
Boat
26' Duckworth..."Mayhem"
Break him in hard now which will allow him to appreciate all other normal jobs in the future. Send him to Alaska as a processor on one of the factory trawlers. 16 hours on 8 hours off 7 days a week for a couple three months. Big problem is he might get hooked. Make a bit of money, come home with a good chunk of time off and then back up to start the cycle all over again...it happens. Then if the guy is on the ball, advancement can be fairly quick. Or on the time off learn to weld and a few other things which might be allow him to move into the engine department as an oiler which with time can actually progress forward ending as Chief. There's "always" a demand for good engineering people. A lot more demand than us wheelhouse types.

Dave's Delta

"No, we're not catching"
Apr 9, 2009
Auburn & Westport, WA.
Name
Dave
Boat
Looking for a Delta
You can practically walk in at Boeing right now

EJ Swanny

Nov 30, 2010
Redondo/WA
Name
Erik
Boat
"Riley-J" 2006 21' Proline Tourney
at least $120 worth of savings, that's alot of alcohol if you buy their Brand. Plus, you can probably return the puller 6 months after the 2 day shrimp opener in area 12.
Break him in hard now which will allow him to appreciate all other normal jobs in the future. Send him to Alaska as a processor on one of the factory trawlers. 16 hours on 8 hours off 7 days a week for a couple three months. Big problem is he might get hooked. Make a bit of money, come home with a good chunk of time off and then back up to start the cycle all over again...it happens. Then if the guy is on the ball, advancement can be fairly quick. Or on the time off learn to weld and a few other things which might be allow him to move into the engine department as an oiler which with time can actually progress forward ending as Chief. There's "always" a demand for good engineering people. A lot more demand than us wheelhouse types.
Sage advice....learn "hard work" as young as possible. Doing the kid no favors by finding him a easy job (not saying you are). I started wild-land fire-fighting young. Long/dangerous hours....digging a ditch, running saw, scouting land, for 24hrs straight in 110 degree weather while smoking...best job a kid could have.....free room and board in the woods (Ahtanum) with some lovely ladies on the crew as well :) ..great money too.

Start in the WA St. DNR or Federal Hot-shot crew and work your way to smoke-jumping or rappelling. Too late for this season, I do have connections in the DNR, for next season. But I'd have to vouch for that person, and I'm not going to put my name on the line unless I know they'll kick-ass.

Good-luck

Reactions: WaveDancer

TexMojoII

Well, Shit!
Jul 18, 2010
Lacey, Washington
Name
Larry
Boat
Parker 2820
At 20 years of age he would be able to blend in on most college campuses this would allow you to expand your distribution and grow a new customer base. And you still aren’t infringing on that 1/4 mile clause in your paperwork.
Ass. LOL, now I am worried about the fluency in your statement. You seem very well versed in some protocol, around little children. What's up Vance, you need therapy? I can help. LOL

Reactions: rickstah

TunaHore

World Champion Boat Ho
Jun 5, 2012
Island
Name
Tuck
Boat
Carolina Dory
Ferries are looking for deckhands

Latest posts