fishing fanatic

Well-Known "Member"
May 12, 2008
Alger, WA
Name
jason
Boat
28’ almar sounder //16' lavro
i know there are tons of threads about pullers and a lot of opinions but my real question is about the coiling..... are any of the pullers out there predominantly better than the rest. I'm excluding Brutus and Scotty on this deal as I have a Brutus but for the new boat want a faster and stronger deal. Thanks

goatram

Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest
Apr 3, 2008
Stanwood, WA
Name
grrrrrrrr
Boat
33' RBW MISS ELIZA
The discovery bay power hauler, as hands free as it gets. Best puller I've ever used
You still need to coil it though. LFS had a small basket like a real heavy duty round laundry basket at the boat show for $20. Orange in color. I bought it to drop the rope in when I'm shrimping in June

fishing fanatic

Well-Known "Member"
May 12, 2008
Alger, WA
Name
jason
Boat
28’ almar sounder //16' lavro
Goat, I've been using those orange tubs for years and they work great! And you hit the nail on the head, I'm looking to see if any of these pullers coil at all as they pull hands free. The Brutus attachment is pretty nice for that purpose and I'd hope to find another similar option

Sammy Hooker

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 11, 2008
Mt.Vernon, WA
www.SaltwaterPimp.com
Name
Jim
Boat
Been Layin' Sum Pipe
Goat, I've been using those orange tubs for years and they work great! And you hit the nail on the head, I'm looking to see if any of these pullers coil at all as they pull hands free. The Brutus attachment is pretty nice for that purpose and I'd hope to find another similar option
Yep, they do. I filmed it, hands free, beer in one hand, camera in the other. And I'm selling mine, used one season.

ledbed6b

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 21, 2010
Shoreline WA
Name
Eli
Boat
Parker 2320
You still need to coil it though. LFS had a small basket like a real heavy duty round laundry basket at the boat show for $20. Orange in color. I bought it to drop the rope in when I'm shrimping in June
I don't do anything with mine, I put the basket or trash can below it and watch it do work. At most I have to guide the first couple coils then its hands free. I had the Brutus hands free kit before my current puller, the discovery bay one is even more hands free

TonyG

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 19, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Name
Tony
Boat
NR Seahawk OS 26'; 20' Alumaweld Super Vee Sled
Can't say enough about my My-T-Hauler by the same company. I got the heavy one. It's super well made and very easy to use.

And +1 to Eli's suggestion on just usig a big garbage can. Two-Tap suggested that one to me I think. It works great. Get the biggest one. It'll fit 4x400' lead core lines no problem. And it won't tangle. Hate agreeing with a plastic boat guy...

Last edited:
Reactions: Dash One

goatram

Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest
Apr 3, 2008
Stanwood, WA
Name
grrrrrrrr
Boat
33' RBW MISS ELIZA
Old guys rule Kim!!!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk