B-fat

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 2, 2015
Oceanside
Name
Brian
Boat
Float tube
We were out there on the condor. Some solid yt for sure. Good fishing and yt being yt dragging you down in the rocks. That said we got some good ones, 86 total for the boat and me and my father in law got 10 of them. Biggest for us was just shy of 35lbs. Lost a lot, bumped up to 40lb mono and pulled harder! Tight lines.

CCEAAE43-0D96-4B7C-975D-262CEDCC66C2.jpeg

ZZZZZ

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
That is Alijos grade in June. Well, best shot at a 60lber is probably there. 60lbers live there.

Big greenie on heavy string. 100# line off the bottom

Probably allot of big fish casualitys getting butt holed into the rocks and across the structure. Learning curve on big yellows on the dropper loop. To land that many is good fishing. Heavy string.

Good offshore fishing takes the attention off inshore and structure orientated fish. One reason why fishing out of Puerta Vallarta has so many Giant Cubera Dog Tooth Pargo. Most charter boats fish pelagics

Al B.Fishing

Aug 17, 2012
hb ca usa
Name
gary
Boat
n/a
Just saying you fished at Cortes Bank puts one in a special group of anglers. Look beyond the fish in the picture and see the conditions they got fish in 100 miles from the beach.

Anytime you are lucky enough to fish Cortes you truly might set your PB on a variety of fish

Yellow

bassnet

Nov 30, 2003
OC
www.bassackwardsoc.com
Name
Chris
Boat
2007 Champion 183
Sorry, don’t usually armchair critique....but pictured is a 25 lb YT (uncertified digital scale). I am 6’0”. Looks about the same size as the one above. Any YT over 20 lb is a big fish. Over 35 lb is rare.

View attachment 1177437
Not that rare, but more rare than kooks on the internet... I don't usually point out the obvious

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
Yah the grade is realistically 15-30lbers with some fish pushing 40. I would give it less then 5% chance of a 40+ being landed. The RP got some nice ones

If that solid nice fish was aged mature with shoulders. At the same length it would weigh 30. Long and skinny and not full to the tail

soopaflyjm1

Nov 6, 2012
Las Vegas Nv Clark
Name
J Money
Boat
Reel Fun
What’s all the fuss about that fish, it’s a nice fish can’t we just say that? He’s not long arming it because it’s obvious his arms are bent. The fish is a 40lber stleast which is still an excellent fish for up here. Jesus internet warriors need to go have a beer and chill out
The fuss is about the captain saying a 60 lber was caught

Reactions: marlyn

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
I watched this 3 day later dock weighed 72lb Yellowfish get swung over the rail. Long and skinny and old with a concaved stomach. Spawned out luckily for what would had probably been its last time

Durring it's prime and stuffed. 80lb +

Muscular shallow water Mossbacks weigh more per inch then a regular Yellow

116126-1123177825-e7ba4f9ff827cbcd98bd4a5c69f76f9a.jpg

Al B.Fishing

Aug 17, 2012
hb ca usa
Name
gary
Boat
n/a
Always a concave stomach from there, yes old and not too taste, but a trophy indeed

invictus

AVD
May 26, 2006
Orange County
Name
Jason
Boat
Tiara 2000 Cuddy
I watched this 3 day later dock weighed 72lb Yellowfish get swung over the rail. Long and skinny and old with a concaved stomach. Spawned out luckily for what would had probably been its last time

Durring it's prime and stuffed. 80lb +

Muscular shallow water Mossbacks weigh more per inch then a regular Yellow

View attachment 1179656

What’s the midshipman mystery fish at their feet.

Hard time believing fisherman would exaggerate 😂

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
What’s the midshipman mystery fish at their feet.

Hard time believing fisherman would exaggerate 😂
A standard non dropper loop Lupe yellow. That 72 pounder was taken on a flyline bait and not down deep where most of the big Lupe yellows are hooked

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
Was thinking the same thing! Doesn’t even look like he’s straining to hold it up in front of himself 8-)o_O:D
Holding the fish, Captain Bruce Smith, Shogun. Now owner of the Fortune. Rather tall man

Pilot Rock, Guadalupe Island. Home of the one hundred pound yellow

Reactions: bassnet

Spear or rod

Aug 31, 2008
San Francisco
Name
Tommy T
Boat
Anything that floats
Hey Marlyn-is that pic of Mike Kanzler! Kid Jurel rocked some huge YT! Wow, great pic.