The Peddler

Living vicariously through others.
May 28, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
Matt
Boat
2400 SeaSport Explorer - "Permanent Waves"
I bought an Adco Designer Series this year for my trailer. Wasn’t too spendy, but I am happy with all the tie-down straps, cinch straps, reinforcements, etc. It’s got some zippers to allow entry even when covered. It’s only been on the trailer for about a week though, so cannot comment on life expectancy.

Upvote 0

getaway

• Aug 22, 2008
    jamul
    Name
    jim
    Boat
    23 parker, sea venture
    Look for a used one. Lots of people buy one and find out it is too much effort to put on so they sell it. I used to buy them this way to cover my boat. Lasted about 4 to 5 years. Then I would buy another one. It was a great option to cover the boat. You should be able to get one for half off.

Upvote 0

Polarbill1999

Almost A Member
    Aug 30, 2015
    Snohomish, WA
    Name
    Brett Yates
    Boat
    1996 Arima Sea Chaser
    I bought an adco aquashed a few years ago. Used it through 2 winters so far. I wouldn't be surprised if I only get one or two more winters out of it. I don't necessarily think that is bad since it wasn't very expensive (200-300 bucks I think). It does have a couple holes where the cover wraps around a couple sharper edges and I had one strap rip out of the cover the first year because I tightened down too much at an angle.

IIt is worth noting I keep the trailer in a spot that doesn't get much wind.

So overall, not thrilled but not dissapointed in it. If you want something that will really last you will need to spend more money.

Reactions: TwoTapPat
    Upvote 0

Captain Decent

The Bert makes ‘em Squirt
    Nov 2, 2017
    Covington, wa
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    The Bert Makes ’em Squirt
    Is a Costco style soft carport an option?

ive battled those covers for long enough. Bitch to put on, bitch to take off, usually sustain damage within the first year. I always expected that the way I go out is probably going to be falling off a boat or rv while wrestling with one of these covers.

I had a soft top carport for a little while and it was well worth the extra initial cost and setup

Upvote 0

TwoTapPat

Crank the handle Randle
  • May 22, 2013
    some where on the water
    Name
    Pat
    Boat
    High on the Goat
    Is a Costco style soft carport an option?

ive battled those covers for long enough. Bitch to put on, bitch to take off, usually sustain damage within the first year. I always expected that the way I go out is probably going to be falling off a boat or rv while wrestling with one of these covers.

I had a soft top carport for a little while and it was well worth the extra initial cost and setup
    Unfortunately that's not a option

Upvote 0

The Peddler

Living vicariously through others.
    May 28, 2008
    Olympia, WA
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    2400 SeaSport Explorer - "Permanent Waves"
    Maybe you can find an old pot shop billboard tarp?

Upvote 0