Run and gun trip on Black Rose

scubaarchery

ScubaArchery
Dec 5, 2010
McKinney, TX
Name
Eric Dulin
Since I was dumb enough to go to OBX to experience BFT fishing, I now find myself hooked and wanting to allocate a couple of my standard YFT trips to chase some bigger fish, not to mention, I have all of this heavier gear now…

I reached out to Captain Rich on the Black Rose to see if he can do some open boat trips because I could not align my schedule with my regular crew. Here is what he is offering:

Two open boat trip options, August 3rd to 5th or October 26-28, run and gun trip to Cape Cod for bluefin tuna. Great time of year for chance at three days of great fishing weather, searching for tuna with big fish the target. Schoolies run 60” and tuna run to 600lb+. Cost is $1200 per day for up to 4 people. Gear is included Stella 18000/20000 and Okuma Makaira 20000 matched to Makaira 7’6” popping rods, but you are welcome to bring your own.

Recommended rigging is 100# hollow core(tufline) and no backing to get as much on as possible. 100# windon leaders. Power swivel to split ring to lure.

Recommended lures are Savage Gear Sandeels, RonZ, various glide baits like strategic angler, dorado slider, shibuki.

I have 3 of 4 anglers for the August trip so looking for 1 more. We will stay in Air BNB so cost is $900 plus tip for 3 days of fishing plus $300 for lodging for all 3 days. PM if interested.

joshua mosley

Jun 23, 2017
temecula
Name
josua mosley
Boat
none
i may be interested and i live in the hartford ct area right now so it is a 2 hr drive to the docks from me if i could get a good discounted rate you wouldnt need an air bnb if you wanted to stay at my 2 bed place, i only have one bed and a couch tho so may need an air mattress lol. but im not looking to spend that much so let me know what you guys think

scubaarchery

ScubaArchery
Dec 5, 2010
McKinney, TX
Name
Eric Dulin
i may be interested and i live in the hartford ct area right now so it is a 2 hr drive to the docks from me if i could get a good discounted rate you wouldnt need an air bnb if you wanted to stay at my 2 bed place, i only have one bed and a couch tho so may need an air mattress lol. but im not looking to spend that much so let me know what you guys think
Hey Josh, cost is $1200 per day for the boat and you would be $300 pp per day plus tip. We will stay at the ABNB since it’s 300 each for 4 days and we all have beds. I am too old to sleep on the air mattress these days.

scubaarchery

ScubaArchery
Dec 5, 2010
McKinney, TX
Name
Eric Dulin
just wondering Who keeps the fish. In the old days he boat kept the fish. Is it still true today?
It’s based on the size of the fish. If it’s over 73, then it is a commercial fish, and the boat has to keep it IF they have a tag. If it’s under 72” it’s recreational rules which I believe are 2 per boat per day. We plan to split fish equally.

Reactions: azbaseball