Woodeneye

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 23, 2007
North Orange County
Name
Chris
Boat
Striper 2300
Searched through the forums. I previously had a Kodiak 500gph washdown and a separate one for bait on my 23’ striper. Both are bad now. I have a 700 Kodiak to replace my bait and bought a Jabsco for the washdown. Rethinking this, would a
Rule Tournament Series Bronze Base 1600 GPH work well as a washdown pump? It’s a simpler install for me and easier to replace when it eventually craps out. inalso think it’s less hose fittings/connections which means fewer potential points of failure.

Thanks

Reactions: lntruong

MATTANZA

old man of the sea, in training.
Aug 23, 2004
Cali the state of confusion, the state of shock
Name
RICK
Boat
Boston Whaler 25' Outrage "MATTANZA II", 34' Radovcich "AMY ANNE" {when it needs to be fixed}
it will work ,it just won't shut off unless you flip the power switch. with a true washdown pump it will shut off by the built in pressure switch. cut the flow and it turns off automatically, plus you'll get better blast from a washdown .

Reactions: plj46 and gecsr1

Woodeneye

May 23, 2007
North Orange County
Name
Chris
Boat
Striper 2300
it will work ,it just won't shut off unless you flip the power switch. with a true washdown pump it will shut off by the built in pressure switch. cut the flow and it turns off automatically, plus you'll get better blast from a washdown .
That’s what I thought. I want the washdown features but this one is easier to install given my workspace. I’m ok w the on/off function but the I demand would be better.

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
That’s what I thought. I want the washdown features but this one is easier to install given my workspace. I’m ok w the on/off function but the I demand would be better.
the on demand is the only way to go....

Reactions: plj46

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
I'm using that same pump as a washdown/back up bait pump.It barely does the job in an 18' boat.The problem is a lack of pressure which is what helps wash down blood.If you use your thumb to create a spray it just loses even more pressure.I can wash down faster with a small bucket of water thrown onto the deck.A dedicated wash down pump works a lot better.

MATTANZA

old man of the sea, in training.
Aug 23, 2004
Cali the state of confusion, the state of shock
Name
RICK
Boat
Boston Whaler 25' Outrage "MATTANZA II", 34' Radovcich "AMY ANNE" {when it needs to be fixed}
on my buddy;s radovcich there's a 12v ,3700 rule utility pump, and the wash down flow is weak compared to water systems pump{much like a wash down pump}. wash down pumps are self priming, so they're actually easier in most cases to install.

Reactions: gecsr1

kapnd

Jul 22, 2007
haleiwa Hawaii
Name
don
Boat
ss minnow
This pump kicks ass for wash down, it is plumbed up as a backup bait well pump too.
My only complaint is the hose connections are some silly slide clip thing that leaks like hell if their is any side pressure on the hoses.
Im afraid to leave it on and rely on the on demand switch, because if it leaks into the bilge, it can put a lot of water in the bilge quickly.
my solution is a hidden switch under the gunnel in the cockpit.
F296175C-10A6-4330-AAAE-6BB89F6FBE71.jpeg

[email protected]

May 6, 2004
Newport
Name
Dave
Boat
28 Farallon HOOKED
I have that 70 psi hotshot as well. 6 gal per minute. I haven’t found anything better. I think it has more pressure than my house. I haven’t had any below desk leak issues. I think it has a 3 year warrantee too. Bought mine from Hodges Marine website.