mrjjwiley

Captain
Jun 11, 2008
Pico Rivera, California
Name
Jeff
Boat
40 Bertram
Left the dock as planned Friday the 22nd of July, Me and Ricky only as no one else wanted to go. Which we didn't complain as we headed for our usual hotspot at Catalina. San Pedro bait hooked us up on the squiddly didly as usual so we didn't have to screw with that when we got there. Long story short we fished all night for nada and gray light came and went but patience paid off when i put the first seabass on deck at 8.30 AM then it was a steady pick all day landing us 4 for 8 and limits of nice calicos and some sheephead.

Called in a new buddy that we were chatting with on the radio and they limited out right next to us. Pics included. In any event we had a great time on the water. The RTA ran great on the ride home and we drank margaritas and ate a fine barbeque on the way in. Life is Good...

Tight Lines
Captain Jeff Wiley
"Ready to Assemble"
Bertram 28

Attachments

Gringo Sushi

PB Skipper
Jul 22, 2009
Fullerton, CA
Name
Todd
Boat
28' Farallon Whaleback / 24' Skipjack Open
Great Trip!

Congrats

ocsleeper

Well-Known "Member"
May 1, 2008
Anaheim
Name
Ricky
Boat
Cobia 220 DC
Thanks again for the ride Jeff. One of the better trips I've had bro. I seriously need to send my wife and kids to her moms more often to get more fishing time.

I just want to add one thing to this story. Now I'm by no means a release all calico kind of guy. I will take and eat them because they taste damn good. But for certain calicos I will release. Early am I had my rod in the water with a dropper loop and live squid. Fell asleep and heard the clicker on my reel go ZZZZZZzzzzzz. I was like this is it, finally a sea bass! Fought the damn thing for a good 10 minutes and over the rail comes the largest Calico I have ever caught. It was a huge ass breeder. Took the hook off and she fell to the ground. Grab my cell phone quickly to snap some pictures. Put her overboard to release her. She was tired so I worked her to get some water through her gills then she finally started to swim away from the boat. As I watched her go about 3 feet away from the boat, a damn seal came and took her away. :finger: seal!

Oh well...heres a picture of this toad which is my personal best calico ever.

IrieMitch

Waterman
May 18, 2010
Newport Beach, CA
Name
Mitch
Boat
Captain of Fight On! (55 Viking), Thunderbird Sportfishing
Yes Jeff. Glad to see you whacking em!

Lets go fish soon!

Sun Tzu

Ya damn skippy!!
Jun 4, 2008
Sylmar
Name
Al
Boat
Fishcat
I thought the 1st pic was Dan Hernandez too. Lol. I almost dropped my bourbon..

mrjjwiley

Captain
Jun 11, 2008
Pico Rivera, California
Name
Jeff
Boat
40 Bertram
Thanks again for the ride Jeff. One of the better trips I've had bro. I seriously need to send my wife and kids to her moms more often to get more fishing time.

I just want to add one thing to this story. Now I'm by no means a release all calico kind of guy. I will take and eat them because they taste damn good. But for certain calicos I will release. Early am I had my rod in the water with a dropper loop and live squid. Fell asleep and heard the clicker on my reel go ZZZZZZzzzzzz. I was like this is it, finally a sea bass! Fought the damn thing for a good 10 minutes and over the rail comes the largest Calico I have ever caught. It was a huge ass breeder. Took the hook off and she fell to the ground. Grab my cell phone quickly to snap some pictures. Put her overboard to release her. She was tired so I worked her to get some water through her gills then she finally started to swim away from the boat. As I watched her go about 3 feet away from the boat, a damn seal came and took her away. :finger: seal!

Oh well...heres a picture of this toad which is my personal best calico ever.

That was a big bastard.. I thought you were kidding when you tried waking me up.

the Goodlife

SMILE!!!!! YOUR NOT DEAD!
Nov 19, 2008
PQ
Name
Aaron
Boat
14 & 20' Bayliner, Thee Goodlife & Captin Morgan
alright fuckers, i have to agree a little bit on the DH thing but that bastard is a whole lot fatter. Plus i think i can out fish the prick too.

:rofl::rofl: Thats Funny!!.. Way To Go!.. Look Like You Guy's Laid The Wood To Them Good!!