Warlord

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 7, 2005
Granada Hills, CA
Name
Steve
Boat
22' Supreme Wakeboard Boat
This is a short recap! Andy posted numerous photos on the boat’s Facebook page.

We flew into Cabo Saturday afternoon. After getting a shuttle to the marina and taking a water taxi to boat, we were greeted by the crew - Andy, Ethan, Jason, Justin, Austin, and most importantly Mike and Fernando. Most of the anglers from last year repeated with a few new guys joining. We left Cabo for the Jamie Bank.

Sunday, we got about 15 tuna. I didn’t see any fish that weren’t a good grade. Ther were a few notable catches. Dennis had a 270 among his 3 tagged fish. There was a few cows and maybe a super (all from an old guy’s recollection). I blanked and my brother tagged one and donated another to the galley. Both fish went 100+.

Monday, was a very slow day. I believe there were only two tagged with one being Phil Lisi’s first super boated after a long skiff ride.

Tuesday made the previous day’s angling seem busy. We had seen our last notable YFT!

Wednesday, Andy choose to try and give the Jamie and Golden Gate time to recover. We went to the Potato Bank for 100+ wahoo for the first half day. We then caught a nice grade Mahi for a few hours and then played with Marlin. Everyone had fun pulling on fish for the day.

Thursday. Here’s where my memory’s a bit fuzzy. I believe we went back to the Jamie for zero!

Friday. This day I think was windy and rough. We went to the beach catching nothing notable.

Saturday Zero at the Jamie again.

Sunday, we went back to the Potato Bank for our “Marlin Tournament“. Whoever had the most releases won an Accurate Fury and a Seeker blank. Bryan won with nine releases. To say it was WFO is understating the action. Hooking one up was a simple matter of getting a bait in the water.

Monday we offloaded in Cabo.

Personally, I again couldn’t buy a bite from a decent YFT. I’d say about a third of the anglers also blanked. My biggest accomplishment was getting of the boat weighing a few pounds less. Those that have sampled Mike’s cuisine know that’s not an easy feat!

Cast Gold

hss AHHHH...hss AHHHH....
Jul 1, 2005
Tustin
Name
Kris
Boat
Mike's
I was chatting with Mike on FB during your trip. He felt bad that you guys had a scratchy trip on tuna.

woodfish330

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 14, 2012
San Fransisco,CA USA
Name
John
Boat
Fishead
Fishing, friends, fun and good food....on these kinds of trips, a little challenging... your happy to have the good company to fish with. Poker in.the galley...appetizers on the table...and a "prayer circle" on the troll.... Some of the things we ALL love on the long ones. You got some "shots" that's all a good thing. No guarantees so making the best of it is all you can do right? Here's my real question.....will you go again next year? Thanks for the report. Not on FB....too old for that...so thanks for those of us who get our info by whispering to each other.:cheers:

Fishdood

Fishgistics
Sep 30, 2012
San Marcos, CA
www.facebook.com
Name
Austin
Boat
Glad you guys at least got a few big boys! We were a day late on the Star, we didnt get a shot at the big ones, 0 bites on the big fish the whole trip. Still had an awesome time and wouldn't think about NOT going again. Cant wait till next year, it will be a little different time trip though.

apogee

My name is Apogee and I am a Squidaholic
Jan 29, 2009
Bakersfield
Name
Apogee..
Boat
Boston Whaler Outrage 28 (End Game)
I used to run out to the Jaime and the Golden Gate bank's in my whaler, years ago before Cabo was all developed. Good times..I am glad I took the time to partake back in the early 80's...............Ap

Attachments