Allen858

Salty Member
Jul 11, 2017
San Diego
Name
Allen
Boat
13' Yak
Anyone hear agenda for prior trip that left today? Wondering if Lupe is an option or just charge to rocks.

Reactions: RichG

RichG

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 20, 2007
California
Name
Richard G/
Boat
none
Good question. I just looked at the Marine traffic site and they went West
To the local tuna bit.

Reactions: Allen858

Mike Nall

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 1, 2014
Name
Boomer
Boat
Any one that floats.
Weather on the ridge was helmet for most of the days they were scheduled to be there. They are headed to Lupe and for Cows at SCI

Reactions: RichG

mike a.

Aug 16, 2015
chula vista
Name
mike a
Boat
sold it
awesome..3grand for an 8 day to go Bob around with 3/4 day boats catching 12 to 20 lbs yft. hope my 8day coming up heads south.

Lake

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 31, 2003
Visalia, CA
Name
Blaine Lake
Boat
none
I would have no problem hitting Guadalupe , then SCI for a try at big bluefins.
One of the problems with fall fishing is the risk of hurricanes. Last year my trip slid down between 2 storms. We made out okay but some boats timed it just wrong. This year I jumped a trip a month later to hopefully miss out on the hurricane detours, and possibly have the sharks at the lupe backed off.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fishergray

freegaff2

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 31, 2014
Name
Craig Simcox
Boat
none
trip I just came back on started on the ridge in flat conditions...by day 3 down there it was seriously lumpy...ride up to San Pablo was water over the bridge...crew trying to pull the stored rods off the port side...wave took half of them to the deck...we had to get way above Cedros for any relief...give it some time to settle down...yeah, it might be your 8 day, but don't fuck with mother nature...that ride home would be a bitch with a broken leg or hip...and someone falling was a very real possibility...

Mike Nall

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 1, 2014
Name
Boomer
Boat
Any one that floats.
awesome..3grand for an 8 day to go Bob around with 3/4 day boats catching 12 to 20 lbs yft. hope my 8day coming up heads south.
Would you rather travel 2 days south, only to arrive at your destination with 25 knots of wind and fish that normally won’t bite in crappy conditions, then take a two day reaming on the way North? Guadalupe is a beautiful thing this time of year.