RR III 5 Day...trying to cancel

Discussion in 'San Diego Long Range fishing Reports' started by nmthree, Jul 5, 2016.

  1. nmthree

    nmthree Nick M- So Cal

    Location:
    Los Angeles
    Name:
    Nick
    Boat:
    None
    • Messages:
      (540)
    • Likes Received:
      (240)
    Guys,

    Earlier this year I booked a 5 day on the RR III, since it's my first LR trip, thought a 5 day booked at the beginning of the year would be a good option leaving Aug 21.

    Last month a buddy calls me and tells me about an 8 day to The Lupe/Alijos...BIG Tuna and Wahoo....YES! Now I go to cancel on the RR and if I do there is no guarantee they will fill my spot AND if I cancel, I loose $250...sucks.

    Any suggestions on what to do? I want to go on the 8 day especially since I have two buddies going...Although nothing wrong with the RR III the only thing is I likely won't have a chance at some Hoo...I would love to fish Alijos...
     
  2. FlotillaKilla

    FlotillaKilla Member

    Location:
    OC CA USA
    Name:
    Nunyabiz
    Boat:
    Maybe One Day
    • Messages:
      (769)
    • Likes Received:
      (188)
    I think if you post what you would take to have someone fill you spot .. ?
     
    nmthree likes this.
  3. nmthree

    nmthree Nick M- So Cal

    Location:
    Los Angeles
    Name:
    Nick
    Boat:
    None
    • Messages:
      (540)
    • Likes Received:
      (240)
    I haven't yet finished paying for the spot, I owe $995 on the trip...paid $1000.
    thanks for the thought
     
  4. Artois

    Artois Well-Known "Member"

    Location:
    Artois/CA/USA
    Name:
    Roy
    Boat:
    Not Given
    • Messages:
      (257)
    • Likes Received:
      (315)
    The problem is if you cancel and they can't fill the spot they loose (1995-750) 1245. Hard to do business that way. Many spots fill many months before the departure date. as time gets closer, many have already chosen other options.

    That said, good luck. They usually have a waiting list.
     
  5. RichG

    RichG Well-Known "Member"

    Location:
    California
    Name:
    Richard G/
    Boat:
    none
    • Messages:
      (883)
    • Likes Received:
      (898)
    The August 21 5 day appears to be the Larry Brown Charter and is full, as of now according to the web site. I don't know if there's a wait list. You might want to contact Larry Brown and see if he has someone that wants to go. It might cost you a few buck.

    Good luck.
     
    bdubs73 likes this.
  6. big dog62

    big dog62 Well-Known "Member"

    Location:
    nor cal USA
    Name:
    spanky
    Boat:
    sac-yac
    • Messages:
      (449)
    • Likes Received:
      (288)
    Tuff situation. Only one thing to do... BOTH!
     
  7. af dreamer

    af dreamer I've posted enough I should edit this section

    Location:
    long beach,ca
    Name:
    tom
    Boat:
    44 luhrs dreamer
    • Messages:
      (3,938)
    • Likes Received:
      (1,556)
    They usually have a waiting list and if filled I dont think they charge you?Tom
     
  8. Steve K

    Steve K Hey, I'm gettin' bit...

    Location:
    Bishop
    Name:
    Steve
    Boat:
    18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
    • Messages:
      (10,687)
    • Likes Received:
      (5,703)
    Have you called and spoken with Christina?
     
    MikeyLikesIt and Tar Pit like this.
  9. ripped

    ripped I've posted enough I should edit this section

    Location:
    Santa Barbara
    Name:
    Gary
    Boat:
    Vagabond
    • Messages:
      (1,713)
    • Likes Received:
      (1,298)
    The worst scenario is you loose $250 for a chance to fish with your buds at the Lupe. Which are you going to remember longer. I know money is tight but so are good opportunities. I'd take the advise and contact the charter master for the RR and book the other trip hoping for the best.
     
    backlashjack and pgangler like this.
  10. vegasandre

    vegasandre I've posted enough I should edit this section

    Location:
    San Diego
    Name:
    Andre
    Boat:
    Any Boat that I can go on
    • Messages:
      (1,847)
    • Likes Received:
      (1,803)
    Wait a sec, I heard that your buds are some crazy degenerate guys from Vegas who like to use the "dreaded spinning gear" as well as various "east coast techniques" and have a blast catching a lot of fish and having fun in the process.

    If that is the case and you don't want to be an accomplice in their west coast transgressions then I would just go on the RR3 as you know how Andy feels about coffee grinders :)



    Yo Nick, Whats up! I think the 5 day you are on is a sold out Larry Brown trip, so there may be a waiting list. Call Christine and see. I am sure you have enough time and she can find some one.

    The RP trip has a wait list too, But just call up the RP office and let me know and I will call them up and we can get you on , I think.

    hope it works out. We are going to have a great time
     
    normandi likes this.
  11. pgangler

    pgangler 12Wt

    Location:
    Pacific Grove, Calif
    Name:
    Ron
    Boat:
    Was Cabo35, now RR3
    • Messages:
      (378)
    • Likes Received:
      (348)
    What he said.
     
  12. BlueSashimi

    BlueSashimi Member

    Name:
    D
    Boat:
    C
    • Messages:
      (126)
    • Likes Received:
      (50)
    Chances are if you're long ranging, $250 is ass wiping money. Who cares, cancel that shit and go fishing with your buddies. Or do both which I think is the most obvious choice.
     
  13. bdubs73

    bdubs73 Well-Known "Member"

    Location:
    San Diego
    Name:
    Brian
    Boat:
    none
    • Messages:
      (428)
    • Likes Received:
      (423)
    Hey,
    I am on that RR3 trip and I know for a fact there is a wait list. Call the office and email Larry. It should get filled pretty easy...
     
  14. MikeyLikesIt

    MikeyLikesIt did you say F I S H I N G ???

    Location:
    East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
    Name:
    starts with an "M".....
    Boat:
    #1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
    • Messages:
      (9,906)
    • Likes Received:
      (3,130)
    yeah, one thing I learned while doing the LR fishing thing, before I got my own boat, was that should any hiccups occur, talk FIRST to the Chartermaster, and then to the OWNER. (Linda in this case).

    the last thing you want to do is go and bellyache on the internet about what they won't do for you. (I realize you are NOT doing that, just saying that it usually gets you nowhere as opposed to calling and talking with the people who have the authority to make the changes......and that would not be Christina.....much as I like her!)

    anyway, hope it works out for you...and, as said, the fallback position would be to take BOTH trips! :D
     
    ReelDealAngler and Steve K like this.

Share This Page