Rpt.-Wed.-02-11-15 Izor's, Shoe, PV, 150

PENN

Vigilant32

BightPatrol
Nov 9, 2004
Name
G
Boat
You guys are hitting it hard, good to see the rollers coming back strong.

Amazing amount of pelagic crabs in the bight, I think that has the yellowtail in thicker than usual. The population seems to be building with the runs the last 3-4 years.

Upvote 0

alex morataya

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 14, 2007
Burbank
Name
Alex
Boat
none
thank you for the report and pictures!!!
that made my day (stuck in the office :-/)
those are some huge turds...my favorite kind of turd!!

Upvote 0

Mikefromlb

Almost A Member
Aug 14, 2014
LB Shoreline Marina
Name
Mike T
Boat
"Cali Dreamin" 33' Tiara Open
Cory: was out on Izor's yesterday 02/12. Arrived at first light, water was perfect, just like summer, temp. 61 degrees. Marked fish only nearby the many Lobster traps. Did about 10 drifts into late morning. Caught 2 legal barbed bass in the 3 - 4 # class. One taken on plastics at 50' and the other on dropper loop at bottom with squid. Some smaller ones released and no Calicos.
Very few boats out, most came, stayed short time and left.
You guys must have a "honey hole" out there.
Overall, still a fun perfect day on the water.
mikefromlb

Upvote 0

Tunaslam

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Apr 25, 2003
Diamond Bar, Ca 91765
Name
Cory Visser
Boat
N/A
Cory: was out on Izor's yesterday 02/12. Arrived at first light, water was perfect, just like summer, temp. 61 degrees. Marked fish only nearby the many Lobster traps. Did about 10 drifts into late morning. Caught 2 legal barbed bass in the 3 - 4 # class. One taken on plastics at 50' and the other on dropper loop at bottom with squid. Some smaller ones released and no Calicos.
Very few boats out, most came, stayed short time and left.
You guys must have a "honey hole" out there.
Overall, still a fun perfect day on the water.
mikefromlb

There are at least 30 big stones and many many more smaller one's at Izor's. We drift as many as we can, given wind speed and current! No honey whole just tenacious fishing!

Upvote 0

Horndog

Captain Experiment
Jun 19, 2004
San Pedro Ca.
Name
John
Boat
Horndog
Great report Cory, glad you guys had a good time. It's just hard to turn your back on yellows in February isn't it! LOL Well anytime really.:-)

Upvote 0