carlfishel

Almost A Member
Mar 14, 2017
orange vale
Name
carl
Boat
Aluminum one
San Quintin fishing is far less productive than what it used to be. I agree with whatever person is that side. Buying fish would be considerably less expensive than going to SQ to catch it. I have left San Quintin so many times and headed to Ensenada to fish on the way home in the last few years because SQ fishing is so slow. SQ is just not what it once was. Over fishing (commercial or otherwise) SQ is not the same. JARDINES, OLDMILL have always sucked. I am glad the folks that go down there from here chose to frequent those places rather than inundating the good places. So yea the fishing sucks and the commonly frequented food establishments suck and i Still like to go there.

Last edited:
Reactions: BajaGringo
Upvote 0
P

Paddyman1

Nice write up Cory! Sorry you missed what sounded like a worldly WSB bite the day before, but still good stuff with good friends.
I have great memories of La Fonda. As a younger man we would eat there after a good surf on the beach below. We used to camp out on the bluff in the good old days!
Skol!

Reactions: Leslie. Christensen
Upvote 0

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
  • May 31, 2014
    Name
    Leslie. Christensen
    Boat
    Ponga
    Oh well, ., fishing, looking? Town will be fine, weather sounds great, don't understand, don't care. Great time to be in SQ, bites come and Go, make reservations, go fishing, good luck.

Reactions: fishbuck
    Upvote 0

Allen Rice

Cranefish
    May 21, 2019
    West covina
    Name
    Allen Rice
    Boat
    N/A
    Heading out to our annual trip to SQ onThursday for 3 days if fishing. .sucks we missed the wsb bite. But I'll be happy with a boat full of yellows & bottom dwellers.
    Apparantly no one has gone further offshore looking for tuna or dorado

Upvote 0

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
  • May 31, 2014
    Name
    Leslie. Christensen
    Boat
    Ponga
    Yep, don't worry, be happy, 104' my house talked to Juan 79 SQ, fish is a bonus , Jaimes got extra boats cancellations, seems to work out, who knows , just need civichi for the party, your going to love it, certified idiot turning 70

Reactions: BajaGringo
    Upvote 0

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
  • May 31, 2014
    Name
    Leslie. Christensen
    Boat
    Ponga
    No worries, bottomless ice chest, should be on pm stuff, a little positive energy never hurts, it's happening, go early? Never no, I'm going 8th booked 13th, lots of options, I'LL get off ,but check out all the superstition stuff the stars are lined up for you,

Upvote 0

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
  • May 31, 2014
    Name
    Leslie. Christensen
    Boat
    Ponga
    That's it Denis, total luck for me most dailed in killers your crew, someday man, still owe you a picture of your lure in fishes mouth, think I owe Rapala now, oh well, hope there stuff shows up tomorrow or there out of luck

Upvote 0

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
  • May 31, 2014
    Name
    Leslie. Christensen
    Boat
    Ponga
    Yep, everything looks great, talked to your buddy,lots of positive energy. Pack tomorrow,arriving Thursday. Lots of options this time of year, rather find the fish than pick up the crumbs. Prime time ,actually a little wind good tides ,spooky fish bite, oh well

Upvote 0

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
  • May 31, 2014
    Name
    Leslie. Christensen
    Boat
    Ponga
    Yep and yep, talken too much but looks good , lots of stuff around, unlimited international calling dangerous. Talking to people from Camalu to Punta Baja, crazy, lunch Punta Baja, that I'll take a day, cheap rooms, whole different world, Visit SQ stay a while, smell the roses

Upvote 0

BajaGringo

Say what???
    Jan 11, 2008
    San Quintin, Baja Mexico
    www.facebook.com
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    Dos Amigos
    This has been a mild summer here in San Quintin with the thermometer going over 80 degrees only a couple of times.

Early morning marine layer every day is a large part of the reason why. The high today out here at the beach at La Chorera was only 73 and although the wind is supposed to pick up a little over the next several days, I don't think it's going to be too bad. The seas haven't kicked up much at all since early July.

Took this photo this afternoon from our front porch looking out at San Martin Island to give you an idea of the conditions...

20190519_191927.jpg

Last edited:
    Upvote 0