Tunaslam

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Apr 25, 2003
Diamond Bar, Ca 91765
Name
Cory Visser
Boat
N/A
On the Ducky, we Fished Izor's, the Rigs, 150 and the Shoe for 20 Mixed Bass, only four Sand Bass, and not a Bass over 1.5 pounds. The weather man lied again and the 6-8 knot winds forecasted were 10-12, with washing machine conditions, some steep swells, and a severe marine layer, with a strong current, causing lots of scope out, making fishing not fun. We saw jumping baby Barracuda at the green buoy, with no biters on the plastics. Oh well there are going to be days like this, surprising it is such poor fishing during mid summer? Will there ever be another Sand Bass spawn?
Sport Boats were mostly fishing Sculpin, that is also sad?
Called it a day a little after high noon.

Thanks Lal, better luck next time.

Upvote 0

Omarkayak

I've posted enough I should know better...
Jul 26, 2007
Northridge, CA
Name
Donald W. Clarke III
Boat
11+ ft, Ocean Kayak Scrambler, P 'N' Queue Pod
I second that emotion. 20 bass for me would be sick wide. Sounds like you worked it hard on a tough day. Quite positive you will get them next go round.

Good Fishin'!
BDC OK

Reactions: Tunaslam
Upvote 0

Tailman

Sep 15, 2003
Cerritos
Visit site
Name
Lal Parsonge
Boat
18ft Pacific Inflat. Tailman
The water temps were all over the place, 71.4 as we left the harbor--65.6 at the rigs and67.5 at shoe--and 67.5 at Queens gate !! AND lots of WIND !!!

Upvote 0

JLFisherman

Saved
Nov 29, 2008
Mission Viejo
Name
James(JL)
Boat
Triumph Chaos 21.5 T Top
On the Ducky, we Fished Izor's, the Rigs, 150 and the Shoe for 20 Mixed Bass, only four Sand Bass, and not a Bass over 1.5 pounds. The weather man lied again and the 6-8 knot winds forecasted were 10-12, with washing machine conditions, some steep swells, and a severe marine layer, with a strong current, causing lots of scope out, making fishing not fun. We saw jumping baby Barracuda at the green buoy, with no biters on the plastics. Oh well there are going to be days like this, surprising it is such poor fishing during mid summer? Will there ever be another Sand Bass spawn?
Sport Boats were mostly fishing Sculpin, that is also sad?
Called it a day a little after high noon.

Thanks Lal, better luck next time.
Awesome bass fishing Salt Creek. Friday 1 out of 3 was over 15.

Upvote 0