ROYAL STAR ROLL CALL (June 26 thru July 3--Dave Beruitch Trip)

fyermn

Sep 2, 2005
Utah
Name
Dan
Boat
LONG RANGE fishing
I realize it is just over a month away, but it has a while since I have been on the water and I am getting just a bit anxious to get back out. Who else is going on this trip, and what do you think we should expect fish wise? A 7- day this time of the year use to mean possible Guadalupe Island, but things have changed somewhat. Just looking for those who are going on the trip, and anyone else who may want to comment.

Reactions: kml

tunacraze

• Nov 27, 2006
    Santee
    Name
    Steve Brunton
    Boat
    The Big Ones
    Hi Dan,
    I have watched this trip for many years because Dave Berutich is a good friend of mine and I always have a trip right after this on another boat.

You're gonna need to bring everything. Every year is different this time of year, but I'm sure you will get a shot at the big BFT. Maybe go South to the ridge for a couple of days and possibly Alijos Rocks. I think Guadalupe is off the table this year and it's still pretty early for Guadalupe anyway.

Bring yoyo and surface irons for yellows. Flatfalls in an assortment of sizes and colors for bluefin. Yellowfin usually start to show in this timeframe too. So, bring lighter tackle for schools of 10-25 pound fish.

Talk to Dave a little. He's a fascinating guy. He did 4 tours of Vietnam in a Marine Infantry Division. So, he's got some stories and, unlike many in that situation, isn't shy about sharing his experiences.

Good luck! you will have a blast. Weather could be an issue, but the RS crew will make sure everyone catches fish and has a great time. I will be leaving on a 3 day Excel trip on the 3rd. So, I will see you guys at the dock when you get back.

Upvote 0

kml

Oct 29, 2008
    Vista
    Name
    Kyle
    Boat
    66 MUSTANG
    I'm booked on this trip. I've not done a "spring" type trip before so I'm looking forward to something new. I'm pretty well covered with gear up to 60 # class, probably a bit under gunned for those BIG BFT we may (hopefully) be targeting, but should be good for anything else we encounter. Hoping for some nice fat yellows & hungry BFT in our future. I'm even down with some drifts for rock fish.....

Its been a long time since I've fished the Star, my avatar pic was a 10 day many moons ago & it was a GREAT time & fishing was epic... I've been on lots of the other boats but am really looking forward to getting back out on the RS.

Looking forward to meeting some new folks & spending some time on the water, everything else is a bonus.

Driving over from Phoenix.

tic tock tic tock

Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
    Jan 2, 2005
    Bishop
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
    Tick Tock for sure! I’m out 3 weeks before you on the Angler, first 8 day of the season for the boat. See what happens...

Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
    Jan 2, 2005
    Bishop
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
    Upvote 0

Roadrunner

Oct 3, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    John Gleaves
    Boat
    20 foot, Westcoaster, Roadrunner
    I am headed out a few days before you on the Vagabond for a 7 day . Did the first June trip last year and it was good. June has a high number of boats headed down south for week long plus trips starting early June.

check out https://www.longrangesportfishing.net/schedules.php

IT has the schedules of them all. SO check out their posts as they come inand you can get an idea of what is happening before you go

Upvote 0

nicodemus

Fish, he said softly, aloud. I’ll stay with you...
    Apr 10, 2012
    The 505
    Name
    Nick B
    Boat
    African Queen
    I am headed out a few days before you on the Vagabond for a 7 day . Did the first June trip last year and it was good. June has a high number of boats headed down south for week long plus trips starting early June.

check out https://www.longrangesportfishing.net/schedules.php

IT has the schedules of them all. SO check out their posts as they come inand you can get an idea of what is happening before you go

See you in a month, John. Looking forward to it.
    3d-rendering-angry-character-emoji-260nw-480858976 (1).jpg

I hate both of you for getting to go out on so many trips! And, I hope to see you both on November 5th.

Upvote 0

Double Eagle

Nov 22, 2020
    West Hills, CA
    Name
    Arturo R Jacinto
    Boat
    Intrepid
    Went on this one last year and was the first to sign up this year but had to give it up because family coming from out of town then. Switched to last signed up on the Indy June 5. Going to miss Dave the Charter Master. Really a fun guy. I have fished with him on another charter for the last 6 years. The Captains and crew on the Royal Star are tops also. Tunacraze above answers spot on. Have fun.

Upvote 0

fyermn

Sep 2, 2005
    Utah
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    LONG RANGE fishing
    I'm booked on this trip. I've not done a "spring" type trip before so I'm looking forward to something new. I'm pretty well covered with gear up to 60 # class, probably a bit under gunned for those BIG BFT we may (hopefully) be targeting, but should be good for anything else we encounter. Hoping for some nice fat yellows & hungry BFT in our future. I'm even down with some drifts for rock fish.....

Its been a long time since I've fished the Star, my avatar pic was a 10 day many moons ago & it was a GREAT time & fishing was epic... I've been on lots of the other boats but am really looking forward to getting back out on the RS.

Looking forward to meeting some new folks & spending some time on the water, everything else is a bonus.

Driving over from Phoenix.

tic tock tic tock
    kml; I am driving in from Utah. Really looking forward to this trip.

Upvote 0

mmayo

Barking Spider
  • Jul 18, 2006
    Tehachapi, CA
    www.landofmayo.com
    Name
    Mark
    Boat
    Vagabond & Royal Star
    I’m on the Barking Spiders 8 day leaving when you return. I hope you all get them and let us know how to get more.

Upvote 0