GunghoSD

FISH . DIVE . LIVE
Jun 9, 2013
san diego, ca, usa
Name
matt
Boat
Wellcraft 212 CC
Great lookin Yellowtail, So stoked were getting better grade more frequently. Nice work!

Upvote 0

mattyd102477

Jul 5, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Name
Matt
Boat
None
I just cant help but commenting on this thread to get it pushed back up to the top of the board.....what a trip. And it wasn't just about the fishing (I honestly was less than stoked about fishing big YTs on the coast because I'd already had a trip like that this summer and I have an 8-day on Friday on the Rooster where we will likely spend plenty of time chasing yt on yo-yo.) But, I kept a smiling face despite my preconceptions and boooyyyy was that the right choice, it was the only choice. Not only was the fishing off the charts, so with was the crew and so was the food. The is literally the 3-day that all other 3-days should bee compared against (unless there were one with a lot of BIG bft....lol)

Boat: 10 Spacious comfortable and modern updates for a vessell of her age. My stateroom was twice the size as on my larger vessel last year for a 10-day.

Crew: 10 Unbelievable......Capt Roy's laughter was infectious....decking Chris was full of positive energy and insight...burly BiG Ben, not as scary as he looked and always stoked to helpl Dahryl..the shit....he was like the sage on the boat.

FISHING, THE FISHING IS ALL DETAILED ABOUT....COULDN'T HAVE BEEN BETTER, BUT I WILL TELL YOU THIS: IF WE HAD GOT STUCK AT SAN MARTIN FISHING ROCKFISH AND LING, I WAS A SOUR PUSS ON AN EARLY SEASON TRIP. IF RAY WERE ON THE BOAT, HIS DEMEANOR WOULDA GOT MY HEAD WRAPPED ON STRAIGHT IN ABOUT 10 MINUTES.

GO FISH THIS BOAT.......END OF STORY

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
Oct 20, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Brandon
Boat
Sportboat
Frank Lopreste owner of the RP first launched her in 1973 I think. He along with Bill Poole basically invented Long Range fishing as we know it today.

There is not a better operation on or off the water.

Except for the fish hold and the way your fish comes out of it.

Upvote 0

mark Ace1

Jul 26, 2014
Northridge
Name
Slick
Boat
none
No cedros is 400 or so miles. Guadalupe island is what they are speaking of I believe. If memory serves me well and being more west. Out of bad swell. The coastal waters had been terr

Nope. Not Cedros or Guadalupe. The area is known as Puerto Canoas. I was on the trip just after you returned. The fishing was awesome and very little wind. Full boat limits on yellowtail, dorado and yf tuna.

Upvote 0