EZ E

Get out and fish
May 28, 2010
LONG BEACH
Name
Erik
Boat
23' Pathfinder HPS, 15' Whaler,27' PursuitCC,
Well let me first start by saying F Boston, we better find the light switch for the last 2 games at home and Artest please stick to defense. Got back at the end of the 1st quater so i was able to see 3/4 of the dissapointment. So here we go..... started out last flight are headed straight to catch a spottie to put in the well. That didnt go according to plan and bailed up to PV. Pulled up to a spot behind my house by Abalone Cove, literally that consist of two isolated kelp stringers and it went stupid on decent sandies. I have not fished this spot in 7 months and thank god for it still be in the gps or we would have been donzo. We arrived at the spot about 645 and started culling by 710. They only wanted the 7inch kustom kraft swimmies. Dumped a couple bigens but well you know...The interesting thing was four of the sandies had baby octopus in their mouth which was something i havent seen in a while. The funny thing is when there are squid or octopus in the area the kustom krafts kill it over any other brand. After that it shut down by 730 so we moved up to Indicators and pulled a cali and that would replace a sandie and that would be the end of culling for us at about 830. Fished down the coast for a few more small fish, than out to the shoe for nada, back in to the wall for a couple more small fish and a 21'' halibut. Finished with 18.38 with our big fish going 5.18 putting us in 8th place. The highlight was seeing a 60 pound thresher going at it at a bait school 10ft away from the boat while cruising along. Thank you weather gods for cooperating this morning unlike yesterday:finger:, my back is done for after yesterday. Also, thank you Eric and James, SWBA crew, performance tackle, and pearl swimbaits for putting on a killer tourney. It was good fishing with you guys and see ya in MDR i hope they like shrimp. Sorry didnt have time for pix.

EZ E

Get out and fish
May 28, 2010
LONG BEACH
Name
Erik
Boat
Sorry for the spelling, I just read it and all I have to say is its been a long day and I cant wait to sleep. Peace

baybassboy

Bass Hippie
Aug 1, 2004
Balboa Island
Name
Mo Williams
Boat
17' HydraSports CC, "Motivator"; Outcast Super FatCat
congrats on the solid finish... sometimes those little spots are the biggest producers. best of luck the rest of the way

Josh D

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 17, 2007
Sunland
Name
Josh
Boat
18' Century
Nice Job Guys!
Heard rumors of a 12 as well but it never materialized?
Probably someone got a glimpse of JB's 10.4 & started spouting 12.

DENEK

LIL' DENEK included
Feb 13, 2006
L.B.C.
Name
DENEK
Boat
Boston Whaler 130 Sport " Low Budget "
Good job on the finish. I had a feeling you were going to do well.

I'm sure your ride was better then mine.
My balls got pounded into dust yesterday. I might have to consider turning my Whaler into a c.c.

EZ E

Get out and fish
May 28, 2010
LONG BEACH
Name
Erik
Boat
The 12 was posted on may 27 I believe. It was titled catalina bday present. I think it's on page 3 of the previous posts

kelpbass_kid

Salvay Pacific
Oct 6, 2006
SCI
Name
Evan
Boat
29 ft. Crystaliner "Hawk", 22 ft. Ranger Bahia 220 "RazeRanger"
Congrats Erik!

That 12 pound bass is a toad.