Sdchronix

Kook Style
Jul 26, 2018
San diego
Name
Anthony C.
Boat
Hooked Up Boat Club - Parker 2320
Decided to deal with the not so ideal weather and give it a shot offshore. Had a little Intel but nothing too promising. Got bait about 530am and pointed for the 226. Some real big rollers but a decent period so it wasn't too horrible but it was all against the swell on the way out. Got to the 226, few dead Paddy's and no life anywhere. Went out west/sw where temp started to drop a bit then go back up. We decided to troll the temp break and had a troll stop on some nice grade bonito. All 3 trollers went off at the same time, 2 were landed. Kept trolling around and noticed the Game Changer working a paddy and didn't look like they had much luck and we're ready to take off, started to head that way slowly to see what they were gonna do. They were there first so I was gonna let them reset if they wanted, instead he sees us heading that way barely in hear still further off than them and he runs under power right up on the paddy.
We decided to give it a go anyways. Had a biter pretty quick, and a yellowtail is on the deck. About 10 lbs. They would only bite the trolled sardine and it was in the same corner Everytime. We spent several hours there slow trolling. Several short bites and pulled hooks, but we landed 3. One going about 14lbs or so. Then the bonito showed up and pushed them out. Had some fun catching and releasing. Then a sea lion came along and pushed then out.
Worked our way back home for no luck. Lots of birds, none working. Found a few nice pods of dolphin. All in all, great day on the water.

Sdchronix

Kook Style
Jul 26, 2018
San diego
Name
Anthony C.
Boat
So you barged a guys paddy because he moved ONTO it? Sounds like he didn’t want to share his paddy with you. Maybe I’m misunderstanding this description.
He blew passed it. When he started to head towards it we pulled off. He then blew right passed it to make sure he shut the bite down for us.
He left so we gave it a go. And it produced.
Imo I did nothing wrong. He was 100yards off of it when we started heading towards it slowly, still giving them the opportunity to reset on it first if they wanted.

Upvote 0

NaClAddict

• Jul 18, 2008
    torrance
    Name
    Greg
    Boat
    22 glasstron
    You’re good, thought the guy moved toward the paddy and you took that as a sign to move in. I’ve had it happen to me. Etiquette is dying.

Reactions: Sdchronix
    Upvote 0

Sdchronix

Kook Style
    Jul 26, 2018
    San diego
    Name
    Anthony C.
    Boat
    That is true. I do my best to be respectful out there and expect the same. Although more often than not I encounter the people that either don't know any better or don't give a damn.

Upvote 0

NaClAddict

• Jul 18, 2008
    torrance
    Name
    Greg
    Boat
    22 glasstron
    Good morning dumb ass! You are hilarious. I am not upset at you anymore because after reading all of your crap I've come to the conclusion that you are a lonely dude. It's all good now go about your business and life thank you for all your advice.
    Yup, cooler heads prevail. When I run across assholes I just let them know it. Newbs and good ‘tudes get called in.

I‘ll never forget letting a Parker slide in. He pulled up confused, didn’t even hear us on the radio. First time rook. Coasted right into it, cut it up to bits, stole the school, totally fucked us. He went wfo on firecrackers. Solo operator turned deckhand for a clueless mom and 3 kids about 6,8,&10.

We cracked beers, ate sammies, and had a blast watching groms go bendo. And coached him on trying to reset on the last spot of kelp. After it went dead he asked why we didn’t catch anythin when we were within 10 yds at times. He kinda knew he blew it and felt bad. We had a blast and said we saw it coming and loved every second. Told him how to box and spot, #’s on one holding lunker, how to look, and drift quietly.

It’s a great memory.

Upvote 0

NaClAddict

• Jul 18, 2008
    torrance
    Name
    Greg
    Boat
    22 glasstron
    That is true. I do my best to be respectful out there and expect the same. Although more often than not I encounter the people that either don't know any better or don't give a damn.
    Water‘s gotten a lot safer. Been years since I’ve seen a gun brandished. There was that instance of the guy getting hammered though.

Upvote 0