Utterly Wet

Missy's Bitch
Jul 7, 2017
Pasadena
Name
Greg
Boat
Parker 2310
Got out to Rosa about 4pm & met up with Gomeze6 & crew on the front side who already had a few WSB on board. Fish went off 1:30pm-3:30pm so of course we were late and bite had shut down. Headed out for some taco meat then anchored up in Bechers for the night. Weren't able to make squid so Saturday morning back to front side. 7:00am I boated a 34" WSB on a dean w/2oz slider. Gomeze6 was also on WSB that morning. Boats spread out between Rhodes and Brockway and fish were spread out so could avoid fishing the fleet easily and still find fish. 1/2 hour later hooked and farmed one. 5 minutes into fight it found a rock and instant saw off. Around 3pm I boated another WSB (31") on frozen squid w/1oz slider. PaDDy Killer & crew meet up with us around same time. Talked us into spending another night and hooked us up with 3# of frozen squid for the next day so how could we say no. Saturday evening gave us no glory so headed to Bechers for the night again. That evening got word that Pappy Parker & crew just landed a 25# YT in about 20' of water which gave them a trifecta for the day (WSH, Halibut, & YT) all on live squid. Sunday couldn't make squid again so headed to the front side to hit Gomeze6's spot with our 3# of frozen squid from PaDDy Killer. 7:00am fathers day Missy hooks up on frozen squid 8 oz dropper. 1/2 hour later lays out a pefect 55x55 WSB (her personal best and beat my personal best 42#er) for an easy head shot with the gaff. Actually watching her joy with the fish was a better gift than me catching it (at least I'm trying to tell myself that).
Someone else's spots so out of respect and gratefulness can''t post #'s but can give some observations which may help.
Most fish caught with squid showing on meter.
Live squid great, deans great, frozen squid good enough or great for us so don't get bummed if you don't have live candy, just get a bait or jig in front of the fish.
Look around a lot and you don't have to fish the fleet since fish can to be found in most of the known spots.
Fish being found in 20' to 80' that we heard of (majority for us 40'-60').
Never give up, don't get to hung up on "you have to fish this and that at these times". Just fish till you drop and then fish another hour or day (Missy did and caught personal best WSB on frozen squid and a slack tide).

Go get em

Missy's 55x55 WSB.jpg

woodfish330

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 14, 2012
San Fransisco,CA USA
Name
John
Boat
Fishead
That things "ginormous"!! Your glee.... that she caught it is the sign of a TRUE fishing "partner".... good for you brother! Nice report.... good shot.... happy campers all around!

Gomeze6

Nov 27, 2018
Camarillo,ca
Name
Eli
Boat
Sea Hunt Victory 225
Great report Greg. Awesome fishing with you and missy frid sat. Let’s hope the bite keeps going!

PaDDy Killer'

May 9, 2008
Santa Clarita
Name
Patrick
Boat
Parker 2520 & 17' Whaler
Hell yeah, Missy kicking your butt Greg! I wish I was there to witness it haha. Good fishing with you guys out there, have to do it soon!

watersdeep

Jan 19, 2016
LB
Name
Jed Venture
Boat
the twisted ducker
Missy is a bad ass..........Get it girl!