ANGLING ALLEN

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 14, 2006
Fullerton
Name
Larry
Boat
finatic
Hi folks! Long Beach local venturing north out of Ventura on Wednesday 7-15. Any advice?? Never fished up there, hope the weather cooperates, and of course the fish. Any special tips, rules, things to avoid, places to go? Could even have an opening for a deckmate! Talk to me...

Reactions: joe pimentel

joe pimentel

Me Hung Low
Dec 27, 2010
pismo beach, ca. U.S.A.
Name
Joe P.
Boat
The Pacific Mistress
Try Morro Bay or Port San Luis. Do you have your own boat ? Port slo has showers, laundry and is a great little town. Great place to chill. I live 5 minutes away hit me up if you make it this far and have questions. :smoking33:
If not go to Virg's landing and get bit with quality fish. Fishing has been great in Ventura, sounds like a quest for adventure. :skullbone Good luck to you !! :skullbone

Dragon

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 24, 2006
SLO Co.
Name
Paul
Boat
22' Pro Sport CC / 20' Skipjack Open
Allen,
Ventura and CI Harbor are close to the S. Channel Is. as well as coastal. Aprox. 10 mi. to Anacapa. I have lived on the Central Coast "Port San Luis" the last 20 yrs. But I did launch out of both of those Harbors regularly when I lived in Ojai. And still go out of SB.

This is what I know: The water is warmer @ Anacapa and gets colder the farther N. you go, that is the best spot to get a YT. Most folks run up the back side of the Islands as it is protected from the swell and wind usually. We would go up the backside of Anacapa and come around the front side of Santa Cruz and fish Chinese Harbor. Good 4 Halibut. Lots of spots from Anacapa to Chinese. Frenches, Yellow Banks Moore Meadows, Smugglers, Etc. Get a chart...

Pt. Hunemee Flats also good for Halibut. Bait at both harbors. We liked CI because we could get a slip right at the ramp and showers and laundry right there. Plus the parking lot is right there too.

That should keep you busy for a 1 day...GL

Reactions: Ventura Bill

Joe805Albin

Jul 17, 2020
Ventura
Name
Joe
Boat
Carabila
Anyone have any tips for fishing Hueneme canyon? We've had some luck there in about 200 ft with rockfish, but is there anything else going on there?

Dragon

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 24, 2006
SLO Co.
Name
Paul
Boat
22' Pro Sport CC / 20' Skipjack Open
Try drifting from the canyon up onto the Flats...try to stay along the drop off...I have had some Hellacious take downs...Let me know how it goes? Could get a Big Butt?